Official Review: Primeval Origins by B.A. Vonsik

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Re: Official Review: Primeval Origins by B.A. Vonsik

Post by psychopathycathy »

The cover looks really interesting but I'm not one for high fantasy, especially because of all the made-up terms. Maybe adding more closure will be good for this book, but regardless, congrats to the author on BOTD.
Simon Evans
Currently Reading: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Simon Evans »

I'm a fan of Science fiction novel and will not afford to miss out on this one. The book begins normally, with a paleontology dig taking place in Bolivia. An extremely large, carnivorous dinosaur’s fossilized remains have been found with marks on the bones, it sounds great and quite attractive for readers.
:?: :!: :drool: :techie-studyingbrown: :) :D :shhh:
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

When I look at what the readers have been quoted in the book introduction, and the many awards the book has received that can easily cloud the mind of any reviewer if one is not careful.
What I see in this case is a reviewer who has refused to be cowed into subjectivity .
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Dinosaurs and humans inter-acting without time adjusted to place one or the other into the same time frame?
This is marvelous. I know, Jurassic Park only got dinosaurs at the present time because they were revived or restored to life. But this, the instance is that humans co-existed with dinosaurs? At any rate, anything could exist in fantasy. This could be an amazing find of a book. Got to read it. Well-written review. Thanks.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

Co-existence between the ancient giants and humans, I imagine the author is not dwarfed in creativity. Concise review.

-- 23 Nov 2017, 19:04 --

Co-existence between the ancient giants and humans, I imagine the author is not dwarfed in creativity. Concise review.

-- 23 Nov 2017, 19:05 --

yazvayl
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by yazvayl »

Reading the first half of this review I was ready to go look for it and read it. However I always read through a review from others before diving head first in. I no longer plan to read this book. I hate cliff hangers with that force you to wait who knows how long for an ending, especially when you are then dragged into another book become more invested. Thank you for this honest review, it's extremely helpful!
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
adiey94
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by adiey94 »

Sounds interesting by only reading the review..
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I'm not usually a fan of fantasy novels but I have read a few and I agree with your opinion on the difficult names, after a while it can get annoying. I also like to have a lot of back story when I'm reading a book and I like when it is all explained clearly, so I don't know if I'll end up reading this novel, but great job on your review!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I'm not so sure how I'd be able to handle the cliffhanger and lack of closure, but this sounds like my kind of book overall. I'm always up for speculation about things like if humans and dinosaurs lived together. Thank you for the thorough and honest review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

I have a problem with ridiculously complicated names and stuff in epic fantasies as well. Still sounds like it could be an interesting novel!
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I like fantasy sometimes, so I might try this book. Creative names kind of annoy me too sometimes, so I'm kind of on the fence on this one. Great review!
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Awesome review! It'd be very fun to learn about how humans and dinosaurs coexisted together in an advanced civilization. I applaud Vonsik for his rich characters and settings. I don't think I'll be reading as I'm not into dinosaurs all that much. Hopefully those who do read enjoy!
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

Good review.Its great epic fantasy.Book is well developed,well written and thought provoking.Plot is well developed and full of action.Story has tons of information and full of history packed.Author is good story teller.Surprisingly good read about magic,adventure,imagination,science,religion,politics and what not dinosaurs.Its unique and amazing read. :tiphat:
Wazir abasi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Wazir abasi »

this book is great it has helped me aquire some meaningful information

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”