Official Review: Primeval Origins by B.A. Vonsik

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Re: Official Review: Primeval Origins by B.A. Vonsik

Post by CommMayo »

Sounds like an interesting read. I hear you on the creative naming issue. Thank you for the heads up on the lack of closure at the end.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Ive read so many good reviews about this book, yours included of course. Im not into high fantasy but I will give it a try.
Juanita700
Currently Reading: Anastasia’s Book of Days
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juanita700.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Juanita700 »

The reviewer immediately tells you that the writer wove a tale of fantasy in a make believe world that drew you into it. The story of prehistoric retiles and man living along each other are handled very well. It is a page turner. The writer had made a lot of effort to make it real with a lot of back information.

The reviewer points out that the book has too much data and not enough story. The information should not overpower the story , but rather assist it.
JoSalma
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JoSalma »

It's a thrilling, captivating, adventurous and epic twist and turn here and there, this is the kind of book which keeps you flipping page after page, unfortunately by the time you reach the end, you find yourself at the edge of a cliff ... I definitely don't like to be left hanging.
Nice review though
Oznsam
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oznsam »

Really enjoyed the sample read of " Primeval Origins'." B.A. Vonsik does a fantastic job of actually drawing the reader into being a participant of the archeological process.
Looking forward to adding this one to my must read list!
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

Very well-written review, thank you! What I like about this plot is how unique it is. It really throws out a "What if?" type scenario and then follows through on illustrating the theory. I do agree with you, however, that I prefer a book to achieve some sense of closure at the end. If a cliffhanger is desired to entice for the second book, that's fine. But, it is nice to have some loose ends tied up so the reader has a sense of peace, no matter how short-lived it may be.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. I was sucked into this one quite quickly. I can't wait to finish it and find out what happened to Nikki.
Apio Keren
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Apio Keren »

the book reveals the co-existence of all human I think I must read this book
Soulimpression
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: The Arc Of The Swallow
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soulimpression.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Soulimpression »

Definitely sounds like an interesting plot with humans and dinosaurs living together. However I think I’ll pass because I’m not really into cliffhangers. Thanks for the great review!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Mohammed ilyas Adam
Currently Reading: Primeval Origins
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Mohammed ilyas Adam »

Primeval origins by B.A vonsik one of my best favorite book indeed! Because I'm much interested in such nice stories dinosaur the book really keep mine in mood
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

I love books that have dinosaurs in them! :D I'm careful how many epic fantasies I take on since they are so long, and I hate the names just like you described. It can get very tedious. However, this sounds well written from your review, so I'll give it a try.
Lindajohnson
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Lindajohnson »

Epic fantasy i love the book but the problem comes when reading say the rivers names i take like 5 seconds to correctly pronounce it..this is torture to me :)
Ladydevine
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Ladydevine »

What a great review!! I absolutely agree with Vonsick. Fantasy novels are often so over complicated it is hard to relate to the characters. It sounds like a great storyline, but if the names are really so ‘crafty’ that I won’t even be able to remember them, I’ll be skipping this book.
Lilian mukami
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Lilian mukami »

Humans and dinosaurs living together very interesting, but the abrupt ending not so much
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Though I don't like epic fantasy stories beyond reality, but the readers who love epic fantasy would like it. The reviewer has covered the book very effectively. So good job ☺.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”