Official Review: Essence of Neverland by Juna Jinsei

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Re: Official Review: Essence of Neverland by Juna Jinsei

Post by kislany »

Oh, I used to love Peter Pan back in the day. A new tale based on that same world, sign me up! Pity about the grammar errors. I'm sure Word spellchecker and the free Grammarly would catch some of these easily. Great review, enjoyed it.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

I enjoy reading spin-offs of classic tales, as long as they are done well. This one sounds like it is, despite the errors. Thank you for your insightful review!
KeriCraven
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kericraven.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by KeriCraven »

I absolutely love Pan. Ive watched and read almost everything involving this magical place. The only portrayal of Pan I didn't like was on once upon a time because he was an evil old man transformed into his child like self trying to rip the heart out of his great grandson. However, your review brings up the happier stories and movies. This book will be going on my too read list
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Sarah Immanuel
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 160819">My Trip To Adele</a>
Currently Reading: The House of Trysts
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Sarah Immanuel »

The book cover was scary. But this is a good book. Thanks for the review. 3 out of 4.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

As wonderful as this story is, there is some room for improvement regarding the writing quality. The writing is by no means bad, but I did notice small errors throughout the book, mostly in the form of homonym mix-ups (pedal/petal, shutter/shudder, etc).
These kind of mistakes make a book unreadable for me. I understand how easily they happen, but I just can't read a book that has a bunch of them.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

I am yet to read any Peter Pan book, seriously considering adding Currie's original version to my H2 2018 reading list. This version also seems like it might be fun too. Hmmm, what should a book lover do? I know, I 'll read them both for 2018.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”