Official Review: Empire Man by Michael Dirubio

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Re: Official Review: Empire Man by Michael Dirubio

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

kandscreeley wrote:I've never really tried a space opera before. I don't know if I'd really like it or not. I guess I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review.
This is a new genre to me too! I'd love to read it, I love the plot.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

KlareAllison wrote:
geoffrey ngoima wrote:
KlareAllison wrote:While Michael Dirubio's Empire Man appears packed full with technical and space jargons, the book, no doubt, offers lots of interesting insights into the burgeoning genre of Science Fiction. Space opera as a subgenre of science fiction is a new information for me. Thanks, geoffrey ngoima, for clarifying.
You're welcome, Klare, & thank you.
I hope you'll try it..

Yup! I will, geoffrey. I guess this community, full of Science Fiction lovers and enthusiasts, is gradually drawing me along this reading terrain.
We'll have you converted by the end of the month, just you wait :techie-studyingbrown:

-- 09 Sep 2017, 09:39 --
Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:
kandscreeley wrote:I've never really tried a space opera before. I don't know if I'd really like it or not. I guess I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review.
This is a new genre to me too! I'd love to read it, I love the plot.
:arrow: :arrow: :techie-studyingbrown:
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Good to know you managed to review this book quite well. I have not read a book in this genre. Thanks for sharing your understanding of the book.
geoffrey ngoima

You're welcome, Rosemary, & thank you!
Let me know what you think when you read it
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

So many space sci-fi books flying all around the site! I haven't traveled the world yet (via books, of course) so how do I make time for the stars! Tough challenge!

While I don't read a lot of space sci-fi, I can feel your excitement over this story. Space opera is a new word for me, too. I always thought operas needed sopranos and tenors.
geoffrey ngoima

Miriam Molina wrote:So many space sci-fi books flying all around the site! I haven't traveled the world yet (via books, of course) so how do I make time for the stars! Tough challenge!

While I don't read a lot of space sci-fi, I can feel your excitement over this story. Space opera is a new word for me, too. I always thought operas needed sopranos and tenors.
Haha, me too,..
Take the challenge, you can do both simultaneously
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

Another excellent review, I did not know about space opera. Thank you for that.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
geoffrey ngoima

Cloe101 wrote:Another excellent review, I did not know about space opera. Thank you for that.
Glad I could help, Cloe101, and thank you for visiting & posting.
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

Great review! It's too bad about the jargon and the length of the book--makes it hard to get into the story if you know you're in for a bit of a slog.
geoffrey ngoima

RegularGuy3 wrote:Great review! It's too bad about the jargon and the length of the book--makes it hard to get into the story if you know you're in for a bit of a slog.

:eusa-think: But a bit of a slog never hurt anyone, right?
:techie-studyinggray:
:tiphat:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”