Official review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Official review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas.]

Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas is a novel about two different races existing in different planets: Earth and Sirius. Sirius is inhabited by aliens and earth by earthlings. Sirius race is characterized by superb technology and environmental pollution control as well as long life span. On the earth side the race is clumsy in terms of technology, environmental management and short life span. The novel emphasizes on cadmium poisoning as the central purpose.

The story begins with Egral Egroeg and sucram Suturb on their earth exploration mission (civil service duty). These Treretumians are from planet Sirius and prior to their mission a few large pyramids were constructed on the earth surface by their fellow Treretumians on the pioneer mission. They are collecting data from Houston, area 51 and they could view the coastline of United States to the North. Egroeg is amazed by the bizarre characteristics of the earthlings. This makes him assign Suturb to compile a report on the same.

The earthlings are being denied the fact about the existence of the aliens by their government. This is why Dr. Olga Ramos is being spied by Agent Stevenson after realization of her interstellar surveillance project at the National security meeting. Sam and Dr. Billy Reuben Welch also have their cadmium effects project. Both are from Center for Disease Control and protection CDC. However it is confirmed by Dr. Welch that officials at CDC have been bribed for decades to hide their findings on cadmium. Moreover, he also confirms that the untimely death of Mr. Boudreaux was connected to some influential officials due to his research on cadmium. This left nobody willing to risk continuing with the project.

Earthlings are suffering on the hand of Government who protects a few industries at the expense of the masses. Reports compiled by Suturb shows that government major on treating symptoms and are not bothered with their causes. The government could infect mental patients with disease to perform further study. They could also release cadmium powder over heavily populated cities to study the atmospheric dispersion. All these coupled with the masses' ignorance of which government is the major contributor, like smoking tobacco, taking high cadmium content foods, and passive smoking effects have made them suffer from cancers and diabetes among other related ailments.

Aliens technology is superior to that of the earthlings'. How they manage their environment is also beyond the level of Earth inhabitants. However it is something worth mentioning that aliens ( Nivla and his two drones ) also exhibit some characteristics that makes them superb to Earthlings, like : entering rooms or even vehicle unnoticed, they had good knowledge about the beginning of the universe, they have longer life span and their magic powers like Nivla could project a document on the white wall from his eye, something an ordinary human being cannot do. These are just to mention but a few. All these were witnessed by Olga, Sam, Dr. Welch and Gavilán ( Olga's friend).Eventually Egroeg is killed in the mutiny and Nivla is on his way back to Treretumians having accomplished his mission on earth. His drones are left on earth.

The author describes the novel as science -fiction. Most chapters are based on cadmium, a heavy metal poisoning many people in our societies of today. The stories of aliens have also been cleverly brought to major on the stumbling block, cadmium.

Dr. Arturo Riojas has brought a clear analogy of a serious health concerns that impacts on our society today. Ignorance has made us suffer from dangerous ailments like cancers and diabetes. We poison our lives by what we eat, smoke or inhale as passive smokers. The author has also made it clear that some people are aware but still go ahead by poisoning their lives since effects are not immediate.

The author also mirrors what most of our governments are involved, they protect a few industries at the expense of the masses. They compare cost and life to an extent of ignoring extracting cadmium from fertilizers our farmers are using in crop production. To add salt to the injury they deny the masses some vital information concerning their health, leave alone aliens.

What impressed me so much with this book besides its central idea of cadmium poisoning facts, is its professional organization. It begins with the title well displayed. The author then immediately describes his work as fiction. The contents are also well displayed with pages alongside each chapter. This makes it easier for the reader to navigate specifically to chapters they would like to read. The information about the book, author, disclaimer and purpose are impressive. Last but not least, the appendices are very important and informative. I bet most of the questions, comments and answers there will further answer your curiosity. The use of pictures in this work has also acted as emphasis and imagination aid about what the author was trying to describe. Lastly, the title Heaven And Earth is symbolic and also metaphoric since the life of aliens are superb to that of earthlings, their planet is described as heaven. Also according to author's central idea earthlings wants to be given heaven and earth. They are tired of being denied the truth. They are urgently in need relieved from exploitation and oppression.

The novel is full of fantasy. The stories in this book have been buttered with a lot of humor that will make it difficult for you to put this book down. I must confess that most of my question about the current society problems have been answered by this book. I nolonger want to poison myself by cadmium, what about you? Most of the characters in this novel impacted positively in my life. Characters like Olga ( miss cause and effect ), Dr. Welch and Agent Stevenson are very difficult to forget. Nivla, an alien impressed me so much by his compassionate and concerns about earthlings and his Treretumians life.

I can say the book is well done except a slight error where the word "were" was used instead of "where" in the sentence " Were did that come from?". The soft copy also contained some blank pages which I also didn't like. These however, did not detract the central idea or the storyline itself.

Having read this book, I strongly believe that those who are curious about current health concerns will like this book so much. Those who would like to reduce chances of cancers and diabetes in their lives , this is a good read for you.

Despite the single error encountered, I can still rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The positive morals, health issues addressed, the reality it discloses and fantasy in this novel makes it deserve this rating.

Heaven and Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jeconiaomolo's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I thought this book was an incredible idea on the author's part. What better way to get a message out there than writing a book that will span over different genres. Every bit of research I've done since reading this confirms his findings and scares the willies out of me. I know many people suffering the ailments described and after comparing their diets to the warning of cadmium contents, I believe this book to be a true call to action by a concerned member of the scientific community.
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Thanks! I had the same reactions after reading it
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”