Official Review: 30th Century: Escape

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Official Review: 30th Century: Escape

Post by Manang Muyang »

Thank you for the thorough review. It gave me a good idea of what to expect from the book. I wonder how the 30th century will really be like.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I do not normally read this genre, but I'm going to give it a go! It seems to have a more realistic feel than some other Sci-Fi books that just seem "way out there!" Great job on your review...it was really helpful! :-)
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This definitely sounds like an intriguing and original novel. I actually like the premise. It's a shame about the temporary loss of direction in the story though. I don't like it when books do that as it feels kind of pointless to read further but I'm glad it comes back into focus again. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
GCamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gcamer.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by GCamer »

Sounds like a very thought-provoking story though I'm not so keen on the illustrations and graphical sex scenes.
Dennis Muturi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dennis Muturi »

Time travel tales are quite interesting and I would really enjoy reading the book. I would also want to get to know how Captain Hero gets to conceal her secrets in the 21st Century. The fact that it has sexual scenes, makes the book even more worth reading. I consider the poor French language quite boring. I wouldn't be so keen reading them. Great book review! Thumbs up!
NikkyT
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyt.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NikkyT »

I'm not really into futuristic reads but I do however think your description of the book and overall review was fantastically well written.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Dennis Muturi

Post by Dennis Muturi »

Time travel tales are quite interesting hence I would really enjoy reading the book. I would also want to get to know how Captain Hero gets to conceal her secrets in the 21st Century. The fact that it has sexual scenes, makes the book even more worth reading. I consider the poor French language quite boring. I wouldn't be so keen reading them. Great book review! Thumbs up!
MindyW
Currently Reading: Allegiant
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by MindyW »

Secret missions. Time travel. Two species at war. Possibly the end of the world, or just the end of one race, the HUMAN race. The reader is taken on a trip with guilt riddled Captain Jennifer Hero, who takes ten teams on UNICORN into the depths of the ocean and along the rim of the beautiful Atoll. Her second in command, Kylie, has no idea that her friend is about to abandon her to time. They each signed up for the mission, knowing they would give up their lives, the families, and even their own TIME! Jennifer, while under heavy fire from the appoint race, sends each of the ten teams out into the channels of time, to hopefully repair the one fatal flaw that could mean the end for "Normals."
At the last minute, a plan known only by Jennifer, she sends out the last of the teams and then sends herself. No, not into the same time as the others, but into a far more distant past. She pointed her calculations at the year 2015, but lands in what she can only tell is somewhere between 2010-2020. Her self imposed oust, though seemingly a bit selfish, is due to her own heart break. Brilliant, brave, and lonely, she gathers trash from the reef of the Atoll to survive.
Dr. Marty and his team flew in toward the Atoll. They had gotten a grant to study the area and the effects of long range radiation. What they had not expected to find there was a mostly naked woman who flagged them down, posing as a castaway. Jennifer quickly gains their trust and is taken in among them. Marty though, not one to trust his eyes alone, especially after a bad divorce, is not so keen on trusting her as quickly as Lily.
Will the others soon figure out her secrets? Will her poor French and strange accent in English give her away? Or will it be one of the seemingly antique tools she brought on her journey that gives her away? Most likely it will be the fact that, though she claims to have been there for at least four months, eating local plant and sea life, she shows zero radiation.

Mindy W.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds like an intriguing read, especially based on the review here. If what the reviewer says is true, I'm a bit hesitant because of the loss of purpose. I have some knowledge of French so I may be distracted by the poor use of French as well. Nevertheless, the story sounds too captivating for me to not give it a try.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Sean-Michael
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Sean-Michael »

I love science fiction yet according to your in depth description, it seems haven't read a book remotely like this before. So I'm looking forward to a book that has female lead who is living in "the past" based on her being from the 30th century. I wonder if I will be a spur off by the pictures as you are, but I am going to give it a shot and then review it myself so we will see.
Alexzander
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Alexzander »

reat idea in a book....taking back the hand of time from the 30th century to 2015! Amazing...sure want to read this one.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

It sounds like a very interesting premise for a book, although it's a shame it does get a little lost. Thanks for the review
KremenaKroumova
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kremenakroumova.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by KremenaKroumova »

I like the review very much! I can see you took your time analizing the book in details. It gives the whole picture. The time travell seems interesting. The intriguing "I never thought about that" made me want to read and explore the book myself, but... when you worn about the sexual scenes, I was driven aback! Don't think I´ll read it! Thank you for the review!
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

Jennifer Hero's character and the "beautiful descriptions" that are in the book sound very intriguing and may contribute to a pleasant summer read. Nice review, very thought provoking.
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
byax

Post by byax »

Love the book ,it makes you to read it more & more
To understand the context of it :roll:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”