Official Review: 30th Century: Escape

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nancy Salgado
Currently Reading: Raging Falcon
Bookshelf Size: 178

Re: Official Review: 30th Century: Escape

Post by Nancy Salgado »

Your review speaks about a rescue, trip in time from 30th century to 21th, sense of morality and very passionate relationships, interesting book, although i´m starting to read this seems to be nothing bored. Very good. :techie-reference:

-- 15 Sep 2017, 16:01 --

Your review speaks about a rescue, trip in time from 30th century to 21th, sense of morality and very passionate relationships, interesting book, although i´m starting to read this seems to be nothing bored. Very good. :techie-reference:
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

I don't feel like the book is exciting especially for the fact that it's all over. Thanks for taking time to review.
Zupanatural
Currently Reading: The Book of Strange New Things
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zupanatural.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Zupanatural »

Sounds like a decent plot but you've really got to question the use of the SS acronym, especially when it's being applied to a crack team trying to change the world. Personally I couldn't care less but it shows a certain ignorance/blindness on the author's part (I'm assuming it wasn't done intentionally!) & that could overshadow a really great story :(
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by mratdegraff91 »

Great review. I recently read this novel and share similar critiques with you. I missed the grammar issues with her French dialogue since I don't speak it. Thank you for sharing.
Madison Degraffenreid
Bettychi55
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettychi55.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by Bettychi55 »

A secret society agent from the future trying to cope with human backwardness sounds like a storyline I would enjoy. Nice review. Congrats to the author for making BOTD.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Mikimo
Currently Reading: Bad Choices Make Good Stories
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Mikimo »

I enjoyed reading the sample of this book. I like the character of Jennifer in this story where she shows a strong character and she was also given a very challenging mission. Congrats on this great review.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin

Post by Emie Cuevas »

I have already read this book, and posted my own review of it. I noted what you said about the French in the book. As I don't understand French I was using the kindle translation feature to find out what was said. Most of the time the translation didn't make sense. At the time I thought this was due to kindle translation working badly and didn't mention it in my review, so thanks for letting me know the problem was with the French. I shall be more inclined to use the translation feature again in the future.

As a follow on to this I hate the use of other languages in books and films. Yes I understand that people from different countries speak different languages. But very few people can speak all languages, and so they should always include a translation of the language for everyone to understand. Either in brackets or subtitles. Sorry for the rant but you hit a tender subject with me.

Thanks for the great review, I too enjoyed the book.
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block

Post by jwalker73 »

Sci-fi, time travel and graphic sex scenes definitely tell me this is not a book for me, however, I am interested in how a person would perceive us if they had gone back in time 9000 years to arrive at our current day society. Thanks for a comprehensive review.
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thanks for the review. Looking into the 30th century would definitely take some imagination. I would think some illustrations would help, but I would be confused with the French. I am glad that you had legitimate reasons for marking it 3 stars and not because of errors that could be corrected by editing.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I like books that makes me think harder. I hope the graphics are tolerable. But just reading the review makes me eager to read this just to find out what the author thinks about the future. Awesome job for the review, bro.

-- 15 Sep 2017, 19:05 --

I like books that makes me think harder. I hope the graphics are tolerable. But just reading the review makes me eager to read this just to find out what the author thinks about the future. Awesome job for the review, bro.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

Great Job on the review thanks for sharing, sounds interesting
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Roosevelt philibert
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Roosevelt philibert »

Great book
Susan1965
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Susan1965 »

This looks like a really interesting book and I know, from reading previous books involving time travel, I would get missed up pretty quickly but giving it a go anyway
Soulimpression
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: The Arc Of The Swallow
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soulimpression.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Soulimpression »

Very well written review! The cover caught my eye and I've been trying to decide whether to read it or not. From your review it sounds like it's not for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Fantastic review! After reading your review and the sample, I do not feel like this book is for me. With the grammatical errors and cartoonish pictures aside, the plot does not appeal to me. However, I am glad to read that you enjoyed it.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”