Review by CryssieAddis -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CryssieAddis
Currently Reading: The Zachary Blake Legal Thriller Series
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cryssieaddis.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Review by CryssieAddis -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga ...

Post by CryssieAddis »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I was very pleased with this book. I wasn't sure what to expect, which is why I chose to read it. It intrigued me. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the mixture of innocence and adventure in this book. There were moments as I was reading that I felt a burst of emotions. This author did a great job of setting the infrastructure for this book series!

This is the first book in a series of sci-fi adventure stories. This story is about a young alien woman named Rynah. Rynah is betrayed by the man she loves. Rynah seeks to exact her revenge as she races against her ex-fiance, yes he's the villain, around the universe to gather crystals. There are 6 crystals which, when found and put together make the ultimate weapon that can destroy the universe!!! These crystals cannot fall into the wrong hands!

Along the way she comes across four humans from different time periods of earth who will all work together to save the universe. There is Alfric the fierce and strong viking who is courageous and brave in the midst of trouble. Solon the brilliant yet humble Greek philosopher, who struggles with being a disappointment to his father. Then there is Tom the science geek who is working on the biggest scientific discovery that will help the future. And last but not least Brie, the bullied teenager who lost her father in the Iraq war and struggles with fear.

Then there's the ship. Yes, Solaris, the sentient ship. This ship is what really attached me to this book. Solaris is a telepathic ship with a female persona. She is asked to take care of Rynah who is Solaris' former captain. This book was amazing at telling us the background of each character and then putting them together perfectly. You feel the bond start to form and grow stronger with each turning page.

I'm not normally a sci-fi reader but when I read about this book, something about it grabbed my attention and I new I wanted to read it. From the first chapter to the very end, I was hooked. There was a sense of innocence, adventure and closeness that I felt as I read about each character's personal journey. Not to mention the amazing characteristics of Solaris. Even though she was a ship, you felt something from her! She was a ship characterized as a human and it was intriguing! If you are looking for a sci-fi adventure that will capture you from the start, then I encourage you to pick up this book and be prepared to not put it down!

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like CryssieAddis's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”