Official Review: Legends of Sapphirus by Melissa G Lewis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Official Review: Legends of Sapphirus by Melissa G Lewis

Post by mratdegraff91 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Legends of Sapphirus" by Melissa G Lewis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Legends of Sapphirus by Melissa G. Lewis

An amazing tale of dragons, knights, magic, princes, princesses, and love; Legends of Sapphirus is two books in one. The books begin by following Eralon Wellsbough, Captain of the Elite Guardsmen for the Kingdom of Avala, as he seeks to restore his Kings control to the nearby land. Little does he know that the individual claiming the rights to the land is being influenced by an ancient and powerful foe. To defeat this evil one, King Lucian of Avala is forced to call on his allies to defeat this manipulative threat. The King’s allies are not as they seem and hold great power. Can these forces together take out this ancient being and prevent war from coming to the lands of Sapphirus?

This exciting 547-page novel by Melissa G. Lewis was full of imaginative adventure. The author did a wonderful job in detailing the characters and scenery. Their helpful backstory provided information on how they came to hold the position they claimed in the Kingdom of Avala or even events that sparked a change in the way they viewed the world. It was also easy to keep up with who belonged to what country and race based on the author's descriptions.

I did have a few things that I did not like regarding the novel. When beginning the book, the author leads the reader to believe that the book will follow Eralon specifically, but in getting further into the book, I discovered that the plot seemed to follow several characters. The main characters followed included Aurora, King Lucian, Treyven, Jhain, Ra, and Kuli. Several other characters had chapters to themselves as well, but these were identified more than the others. I found it somewhat confusing as to why it did not follow Eralon the entire story. Also the author, I felt, provided almost too much detail on characters that was unnecessary.

I did really enjoy the storyline and did not observe any grammatical errors or misspelled words, leading me to believe that the novel was professionally edited. The author also provided a variety of accents for individuals from other countries, which I found fascinating and fun. The story seemed to flow easily from one significant event to the other, and the climax toward the end had me gripping the edge of my chair. With that being said, I feel that the things I did not like about the book do not take away from its overall presentation and rate it a 4 out of 4 stars.

The book would be suitable for anyone interested in Sci/Fi fantasy works, magic, suspense, and dragons. It had several scenes that involved blood but nothing too gory or grotesque. I also did not observe any foul language or explicit scenes making it suitable for younger readers as well.

Legends of Sapphirus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like mratdegraff91's review? Post a comment saying so!
Madison Degraffenreid
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review. This sounds very intriguing since I am a sci-fi lover. Thanks.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like a great fantasy work. It's nice that it's clean enough for the younger readers. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kimtaengoo99
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by kimtaengoo99 »

I did enjoy the story. The title "Legends of Sapphirus" is really an attention getter at all.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like one great read. I love stories about dragons and magic and this book seems like something I would definitely enjoy. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Melissa G Lewis on such an obviously well written book.
Serina Vitrino
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serina-vitrino.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Post by Serina Vitrino »

Great review, it convinced me to give this book a try!
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Sounds like a great fantasy story. Thank you for your descriptive review.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Serina Vitrino
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serina-vitrino.html

Post by Serina Vitrino »

I love fantasy and I think I will give this one a try! I like that it is appropriate for younger readers as well since fantasy is thought of as raunchy to some people though I suppose it can't be helped with the rise of Game of Thrones. Good review :)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”