Review by JessicaElaine91 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Sa...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessicaElaine91
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicaelaine91.html
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Review by JessicaElaine91 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Sa...

Post by JessicaElaine91 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A security officer named Rynah, seeks out a man named Klanor who is trying to destroy her planet, Lynar. As her planet slowly falls apart, Rynah has no choice but to get into her grandfather's old ship. Solaris. Solaris is a sassy ship with her own opinions. As Rynah soon discovers trying to stop Klanor is going to require the help of four of the most unlikely of allies. As the five of them and Solaris look for the remaining crystals to help save her planet and other solar systems from Klanor, Rynah soon discovers that not everyone and everything are as they seem.

The book starts off with the main Character who has to seek help from four others. Solaris Seethes starts off well and gets better by throwing you off guard right after it starts. The book deals with technology far beyond our own today, each character learning to acknowledge and accept their flaws, and everyone has to learn to trust each other with their lives.

I found myself intrigued by this novel. Each character has their own hiccups along the way but learns to lean on the others. I also liked how it is based in outer space. It makes you think of the possibilities of other life out there and all the different possibilities for technology.

However, there were things that bothered me about this book. It seemed to me that for being a ship, even an advanced one, Solaris has a lot of power. She retrieves four people from other timelines. Even in the aspect of imagination this seems way to unrealistic for me. She is also given the technology to hold the magnetic fields so the characters could land on the planet, Lynar, temporarily. When at the beginning it says the crystal was the only thing that could do that. The last thing was that it switches it's point of view from character to character with little to no warning. It was a little confusing sometimes.

I rate this 2 of 4 stars because I was having a hard time switching from point of views. The story line flowed great, it was just confusing when one person was talking and thinking about one thing and then it switched to what another person was thinking. I was debating on giving the third star, but in the end a bad flow between characters point of view tilted to only giving 2 out of 4. This book is ideal for anyone into space travel and the ideal of other life in space. I would not recommend to anyone who has a hard time following several characters at one time.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like JessicaElaine91's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”