Official Review: Joseph and the Mutant Killers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Official Review: Joseph and the Mutant Killers

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Joseph and the Mutant Killers" by John martinez Hulsey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Few humans survived the last great earth war-Armageddon. Scientists, anticipating the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust, took refuge in underground bunkers taking all the knowledge and technology of Earth with them. Politicians, the rich and the military quickly followed. The Earth was in total destruction and scientists had to find a new home for mankind. There were many challenges. Humans were on the verge of extinction. To overcome these challenges, the remnants of Earth used cloned men, a stronger and more proficient version of a human but exactly like one in physical appearance and emotions. The clones, with their advanced mind and body did manage to find a new planet for humans-Planet X and also successfully transported all the humans which were left to that place, which was light years away from Earth. Soon, life on the new planet was back to normal and humans along with the clones lived peacefully.

Just like some people cannot tolerate people of other communities, many people considered clones as mutants. The differences between humans and clones increased and soon led to a war. The Mutants would have completely killed the humans had it not been for a specific group of people-the Mutant Kill Squad or, as it is commonly referred to as-the MKS. They were the only military force amongst the humans which were successful in defeating the Mutants. Their main weapon was the element of surprise. So, the mutants went into hiding but still caused troubles to beings of other planets (aliens). These aliens were discovered due to mankind or should I say man's and clone’s great technological advancements. They were also similar to a human in every aspect.

Empress Elissa was a youthful matriarch of an extremely long-lived race of human-like aliens who resided in the celestial world. When the MKS was pre-occupied on some other tasks, the mutants attacked this planet and soon took control over it. Empress Elissa was taken as a hostage but not before she had sent an SOS message to Joseph, who was also the MKS’s leader. The MKS rushed to her rescue but there is something more sinister waiting for them there. Something, that for once can finally kill the MKS.

This book was simply amazing. It was 171 pages but I felt like I had just read a 500 plus one. There were many sub-plots running along with the main one. There were numerous plot twists which were totally unexpected and happened out of the blue. I felt myself getting attached to the characters, especially Joseph because of the descriptions provided by the author-John Martinez Husley. This is something that is rarely found in short books of less than 200 pages. The suspense kept me from leaving the book. There were many points when I was thinking that this book is going to end but then something tragic happened and the story went on. This didn’t happen to me once but two to three times throughout the book. There was also a romantic story running in the background between Elissa and Joseph which made the novel more exciting.

Therefore, I award Joseph and the Mutant Killers 4 out of 4 stars. There is no other rating I can bestow upon this fantastic book. The book was professionally edited and the writing style of the author was really captivating. The pace at which the novel ran was also just perfect. The story built up to a marvelous conclusion. There was also ample amount of suspense, action, adventure and romance in this sci-fi thriller. The plot was also unique. I shall definitely be looking out for any other books by this author. As a last word, I would like to add that I recommend this book to all fans of the sci-fi, action or the dystopian genre. I am sure the plot twists and suspense will keep you hooked until the end.

Joseph and the Mutant Killers
View: on Bookshelves

Like Wasif Ahmed's review? Post a comment saying so!
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Wow! This is big, the review created suspense in me. The intrested on wanting to know more was evident. The book seem good, like in most films trying to create the same impact.
Good review very precise in what has to be conveyed!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Thanks!
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”