Official Review: Sylvio: Past and Present by R. E. Beebe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Re: Official Review: Sylvio: Past and Present by R. E. Beebe

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Sylvio:Past and Present by R.E. Beeb is a supernatural thriller that brings back the good old vampire days.
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

A vampire story which has different plot compared to other vampire stories. A vampire helping a witch? This is great book to read.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
huzaifabaaz
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by huzaifabaaz »

A fantastic review :)
Nyawera Gikaru
Currently Reading: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever
Bookshelf Size: 184

Post by Nyawera Gikaru »

Being a vampire addict a never read a book about it am interested to read the book.
Gichorabram
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 84

Post by Gichorabram »

There are many vampire movies out there that I have watched but this book has an interesting twist to it. I rushed for the temporary free download after reading that awesome review by Kandscreeley.
Chriedeguia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chriedeguia »

I think the story made me realistic happen in the next future to the people who believe in vampire.
Sophie11
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophie11.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sophie11 »

Great review, i hope i will like it. I have gotten too attached to Gena Showalter, it's about time i tried a new author.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Thank you for the well written detailed review of the book. I usually love books that tag at my imagination, and include our sharped teeth friends(vampires) in the story-line, from the sound of it, this fantasy novel is just the book for me.
myprecious
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-myprecious.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by myprecious »

Vampires, werewolves and witches in one interesting tale. Great review.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Lucy Nasimiyu
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-nasimiyu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Lucy Nasimiyu »

The review has really got me interested in reading the book. It shows a different perspective of vampires from what I am used to. I look forward to reading my copy.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

Sylvio: Past and Present by R. E. Beebe is a nice paranormal story with a bone cancer survivor. demons, witches, werewolves vampires, make a 4 of 4 star rating.
Elizabeth Wangui
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 118

Post by Elizabeth Wangui »

A big fan of vampire stories this book sounds a great find for me. Congrats
AncaPaic
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by AncaPaic »

I really like the review?now i just want read the book .I love this type of books it makes me forget about the real world and just relax and dream :)
FifthHarmony
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by FifthHarmony »

review of "Sylvio: Past and Present" by R. E. Beebe.

Sylvio started out like any other person. His father was a powerful man who became the King of the Vandals. However, his mother was a house slave. As he was part royalty, he was bound for a life of fighting which was better than being a slave. He was a strong fighter, but one of the battles became too much for him. He suffered a mortal blow. He was not meant to die, however, as a vampire brought him back from the brink of death. This vampire then made him his slave.

I was unsure about reading this book after perusing the summary and Amazon. I learned that it was the second in a series, and I always hate feeling like I’m missing something. However, after reading the book, I was pleasantly surprised to find I had no need of the first novel. The author, R. E. Beebe, has written the story so well, that there are no gaps whatsoever. I can guess at what the first novel was about, but she seamlessly integrates that into the back story of this novel. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it done quite so well.

I also enjoyed the fact that the author puts her own spin on vampires. There are a lot of similarities but enough differences to keep me intrigued. For example, Vampires in this story can walk around in daylight if the good in them outweighs the bad.

I will say that this book is not for the faint of heart. There is plenty of violence in this book from the vampires, the demons, the witches and even some werewolves. The scenes can be graphic at times. If that bothers you, I would recommend not reading this book. In the same light, the vampires have a lust for sex while they are feeding. There are no explicit sexual encounters, but there are sexual situations and language that would not be appropriate for some readers. :D :D
vansikoy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by vansikoy »

the story is unique based on the thrilling experience it brings its worth reading,nice review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”