Review by animatedwolf3432 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris S...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
animatedwolf3432
Currently Reading: Too Far
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-animatedwolf3432.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper

Review by animatedwolf3432 -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris S...

Post by animatedwolf3432 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solaris Seethes by Janet McNulty is a book about an action-packed space adventure. Rynah, from the planet Lynar, thought her life was great until her entire planet was destroyed in a matter of minutes. She escapes the destruction on Solaris, an old ship with artificial intelligence. Solaris tells her that, in order to rebuild her planet and save the galaxy, she must find six crystals. To do this, she needs the help of four special people; without them, saving the galaxy will be impossible.

Solaris Seethes is the first book in the Solaris Saga, and trust me, it will make you want to read more! There is so much action throughout the book, I was practically on the edge of my seat with each page. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop. I finished the book in a few hours because it was so good. McNulty's writing is very descriptive, but not so much that the reader loses their focus on the story itself.

The story starts almost immediately, getting straight to the main plot. The main focus is on Rynah, a woman who has suffered a lot of loss in her life. Her losses have not made her weak, but have shaped the way she views others. Fear of losing people close to her has turned her cold to others, but she is still somewhat empathetic. I like her as a character. As the story unfolds, Rynah begins to grow and change, finding her heart in the dark times. A lot of thought must have gone into creating her.

I like that McNulty brought characters in from different environments and had them interact together. It shows that people came come together, from different backgrounds and cultures, in dire circumstances. She gives the characters life by showing the reader memories from the characters' lives, as well as taking time to focus on the characters individually. My favorite character is Alfrid; he is strong and always ready to fight, but does have a soft, vulnerable side.

There were only a few things I noticed that needed to be fixed: some sentences ran a little long; some punctuation was not placed correctly. Nothing too big, but it should be edited in a few places. I do think the book was professionally edited, but sometimes editors miss a few things.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book! Sci-fi, adventure, tons of action, and inner struggles all came together to form a fantastic story! I give Solaris Seethes 4 out of 4 stars because I just loved it! I think anyone that likes fiction will love this book. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like animatedwolf3432's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
Guppy
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guppy.html
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin

Post by Guppy »

Sounds like an awesome action-packed read! Your description of Solaris reminds me of Doctor Who's Tardis. I'll give some serious though about reviewing this one too since it is also on my list.
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”