Featured Review: Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Re: Featured Review: Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Thank you! I'm not much of a fantasy reader unless the story line captivates me. The synopsis sounds interesting and I fell that the reader can experience a lot of action in it.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

Thanks for that thorough review. It sounds intriguing and I love a good, well-developed character. I look forward to checking this one out.
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

I can't say that I have ever read an urban fantasy book before. I started reading a view of the reviews before I actually looked at the sample. I was impressed with the comments made about this book. Each review was full of great detail, as well as yours, which made me want to test the waters with this book. I thought about the length of the story and was a little apprehensive about tackling it, but have decided that I am up for the challenge. Great review, your description of so many things helped me decide to go ahead and read this book.
donajay101
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donajay101.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by donajay101 »

Roan sounds like my cup of tea as I am an ardent fan of the urban fantasy genre. I devour anything that has to do with myth, folklore and urban fantasies. Very very excited to read this to find out what the author has in store for us!
Emmanae
Currently Reading: The Power
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanae.html
Latest Review: Discover Your Thinner Self by David Medansky

Post by Emmanae »

Something about the phrasing rubbed me the wrong way, it just didn't flow like I would like it to, and also seemed to have random words capitalized. I'm fairly sure these are style choices rather than accidents, but I still couldn't overlook them.
Lucky78
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucky78.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Lucky78 »

Fantasy being the ever growing pool of authors makes it difficult to find truly remarkable stories. Thank you for your review, it made me really look forward to reading this book. As with every genre, each book can’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I’m hoping this one will be for me 😊
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

Your review makes this book sound amazing. Urban fantasy is indeed a difficult genre to write. The plot and characters sound intriguing. I like that you mention the world-building is great in this book and that the characters are well developed. Those things are very important. Based on your review I would read the rest of this book after reading a sample.
Zelinda
Favorite Book: The Swallow
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Inkwells
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelinda.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Zelinda »

This has been a wonderful review. Thank you so much. It made me realize that the book was even better than I thought it was from reading the sample and I will definitely read the rest of it.
“In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.”
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Oh My, Yet Another! Sorry, But, I cannot stomach it at this time! Best wishes to the author on the #BOTD
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
scifiladygj
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by scifiladygj »

I have to admit, I am a big fan of Urban Fantasy, as well as magic. But your statement about a melding of Christian tradition, Celtic myth and Native American Folklore intrigues me even more. Having studied to some extent all of these, as well as other "religious" aspects, I am curious of their discussion/melding in the book. I look forward to reading it. And that is totally due to your review. That is how I decide which new authors to read, either from friends whose judgement I trust, or reviewers who are so enamored of a book or author.
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

Good review, thank you. The sample was engrossing and I've added the book to my reading list. Your comments tell me the rest of the book is going to be just as engaging.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Thanks for the great review, this books sounds really interesting. It's going on my to read shelf.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Great review. So far I'm caught in this one. I want to know how he helps the village or if he follows the darker path. I can't wait to sit down with this one.
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

While this was a glowing review and did not speak of an editing errors, I noticed a missing comma in the sample. No matter how well developed this story is, the editing error I feel should lower the rating.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

Seems like a new take on a YA novel. I'm interested in the center myths and native American folklore you mentioned. Plus I love Cassandra Clare and Holly Black's writings. I'll check this out.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”