Featured Review: Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dhanaraaj Raghuveer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhanaraaj-raghuveer.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Re: Featured Review: Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer

Post by Dhanaraaj Raghuveer »

Urban Fantasy is not my cup of coffee. But sounds like the author has given a masterpiece based on your review! WIll give it a try. Cheers for the review.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Lack of character development is one of my pet peeves. It's good to know that this author handled it so adeptly. As I am into fantasy/magic genre books, including Urban fantasy, it also sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks for the review!!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
modupereb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-modupereb.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by modupereb »

Interesting review! A book worth reading.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I think i would love to read this book. The author seems to have put a lot of effort in this book. Thanks alot for a thorough review.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
julytwo90
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by julytwo90 »

I don'y usually read fantasy stories but this review gives me interest to try one. Especially the mystical heroes and legendary creatures.
fndirangu20
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: the girl who knew da vinci
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by fndirangu20 »

That's is a great review, you explain the book so well and makes it interesting to read.It can be difficult to craft an unknown world from a known world but the author does that well.From the very first page one gets the impression that the world they are about to enter is entirely different from their own. What starts out as seemingly a tale about a kid with hard luck trying to survive turns into a battle between good and evil where an entire town hangs in the balance. I almost on the last pages and i rate it 4 stars.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Roan, The Tale of Conor Archer, by E.R. Barr is an entirely new fantasy fiction for me, inspired by Celtic myths. Seawives giving birth to pups that turn humans on land. Young people acquiring the sensory powers and strengths of wolves and owls. Children who can shapeshift. The young Connor will fight to preserve his life, determine who he is and meet his destiny amid a world of greed and lust for power. Great! Reading the review by jacnthabox is very encouraging as it works on many levels: It tells us the genre of the story, the plotline and the major details bookshoppers watch out for. The reviewer lauds Barr's writing style: "Barr’s writing style is at once fast-paced, richly complex, and intensely engaging." Barr's world-building approach is also praised: "The world of Conor Archer is carefully crafted to include real history and incorporate cross-cultural legends and lore in a manner that allows the book to be complex and multi-faceted yet easy to follow." Those looking for fantasy, adventure and coming-of-age elements set in an epic saga should consider Roan.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

An urban fantasy book filled with good myth and a little bit of magic. Also, it has good characterization that makes the book very enjoyable. Your review has piqued my interest in this. Thanks
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

To enjoy some books one may need an inetellect that is above average to be able to unravell the complexities of the plots and squeeze out the juices, flavours and aroma in the story. This book fits that bill perfectly. Exellent review to a fantastic story. Thank you.
Tety
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tety »

I'm not sure I really understand the message in this book from the review but I'm sure lovers of Celtic myths will find it interesting.I can'trate something I don't understand.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

Sounds like a fantastic book. The reviewer was definitely taken by the book, especially since this is E.R. Barr first book. Congrats to the author for pulling off this great read. I am sure Conor Archer, who just discovered his Celtic ancestry will be just fine.
Tety
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tety »

I'm not sure I really understand the message in this book from the review,but,I'm sure lovers of Celtic myths will find it interesting.I can't rate something I don't understand.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I may not be an Urban Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, or Dark Fantasy enthusiast, but I feel obliged to check this book out. You sure make it sound fantastic. Great review!
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Currently reading this book and i am in love! This is my genre and the writing is so well done.
Isaiah Lokeno
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Isaiah Lokeno »

Thanks for a great review am interested with this urban fantasy that everyone seems to enjoy I will find this.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”