Featured Review: Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
EmpressAelin
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empressaelin.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Re: Featured Review: Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer

Post by EmpressAelin » 18 Sep 2018, 09:05

EmpressAelin wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 09:55
I don't know if I'm allowed to ask or not but, I'm currently reading Roan in order to do a free review and I am wondering if you maybe noticed the error in "its" vs "it's" that I keep seeing. It may just be the electronic version I have but if you noticed it too it would be nice to know it's not just me.
Never mind, I had my English teacher explain the possessive it rules to me. Your review is really good and I'm enjoying Roan so far.

1ditzyrn
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 1ditzyrn » 28 Sep 2018, 12:20

I'm a big fan of fantasy, and love it when the world and characters are both well-developed. I look forward to reading this!

Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Sweetp120 » 08 Nov 2018, 19:01

jacnthabox wrote:
12 Sep 2016, 11:16
[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer" by E. R. Barr.]

A character is but a useless plot element if the reader feels no emotion toward it.
I never really considered it this way but I definitely agree! I was hesitant on making this the next book I review after the review I am currently working on, but because of this review I am glad I chose to read this next. Looking forward to it now actually with all that your precise and smooth review. Thank you!!!

DakotaA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dakotaa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DakotaA » 14 Nov 2018, 14:21

Although I struggled in reading the book myself, I find it great that you enjoyed it so much! I really like the story, however I found myself struggling to believe the character interactions. This is obviously a personal preference though, and it is so interesting to read other people's takes on books.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”