The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cheryltkn
Currently Reading: Dark Wolf
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryltkn.html
Latest Review: "Sunspots" by Gary Martin

Post by cheryltkn »

Darkfever
Bloodfever
Faefever
Dreamfever
Shadowfever

These fantasy stories by Karen Marie Moning begin with the death of a beloved sister. When Mackayla learns of her sister Alina's death under mysterious circumstances she defies her parents and goes to Dublin to find her sister's murder.

As she explores the streets of Dublin she discovers that she is not who she thought she was and begins to search for herself as well as her sister's murderer. She meets a difficult and mysterious man who seems to help her but for a price. She finds herself in the untenable position to either save the world or destroy it with the help of several people she cannot trust.

Each book in the series carries her one step farther toward the truth of who she is and changes her beyond the point of no return.

With the liberal manipulation of the myths of the fairies of Irish and Scottish lore, Moning provides the magic fires that temper Mackayla's steel and give her the strength to surpass her pain and fear.

The stories move quickly and the plot and subplots keep you intrigued through all five books. These are extremely well-written books that are worth staying up late and missing sleep over. I give them all 4 out of 4 ratings.
Latest Review: "Sunspots" by Gary Martin
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

The series sounds intriguing. Nice job on the review!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

One of the best series of all times!
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
Kayona Nicole
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayona-nicole.html

Post by Kayona Nicole »

It's been a long time since I've read such a long series that actually keeps me interested the farther along I get. I'm currently reading the most recent release in the series, Feverborn, and I still can't get enough! My favorite books out of the whole series so far have to be Dreamfever and Iced. At first when I was going to read Iced I was a bit hesitant because I had become so attached to the main character Mac's point of view and narrative that I wasn't so sure how I would feel reading a book from a different character's point of view, Dani. But I absolutely loved it and I felt like how I did when I first started reading this story; excited and hungry for more. I love the characters (even when I want to smack some sense into them sometimes) and I love all of their stories and how they work together. This series is one of the best fantasy series I've ever read, and I'm going to be sad when I finally finish it. It's just full of fantastic reads.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I picked up one of these books this past summer and got hooked. I read all the books in quick succession and am looking forward to the new book coming out in 2017. I am a true fan of Jericho Barrons!! Dear Lord what a man beast!!
gypc84
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gypc84.html

Post by gypc84 »

This is by far one of my favorite series of all time. I can't wait for the last book in the series to come out, which both excites me and makes me sad. Only a few more days!
kaden2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaden2.html

Post by kaden2 »

I love this series, it drew me in hard with want and intrigue. To be honest I have read them all multiple times, 11 times now but who's counting, and I keep checking her website to see when her next book release is. Its a great starter series I feel like because of the rich storyline that explains its mysteries. Karen Marie Moning is a phenonmenal author with an incredible heart for telling this story that has so many happy and not so happy endings.
Jennifer Allsbrook

kaden2 wrote:I love this series, it drew me in hard with want and intrigue. To be honest I have read them all multiple times, 11 times now but who's counting, and I keep checking her website to see when her next book release is. Its a great starter series I feel like because of the rich storyline that explains its mysteries. Karen Marie Moning is a phenonmenal author with an incredible heart for telling this story that has so many happy and not so happy endings.
The new book is out! Available on Amazon!
kaden2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaden2.html

Post by kaden2 »

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote:
kaden2 wrote:I love this series, it drew me in hard with want and intrigue. To be honest I have read them all multiple times, 11 times now but who's counting, and I keep checking her website to see when her next book release is. Its a great starter series I feel like because of the rich storyline that explains its mysteries. Karen Marie Moning is a phenonmenal author with an incredible heart for telling this story that has so many happy and not so happy endings.
The new book is out! Available on Amazon!
Thank you, I have been a little busy lately to check! I am so excited!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

I have the first book on my list! I seriously need to crack it open, I hear so many good things about the series! :techie-studyingbrown:
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

I love this series so much. I only learned about it from a review here, and it's quickly become one of my favourite series. The characters all have depth and intrigue. I was so sad to finish the series.
Jennifer Allsbrook

micoleon13 wrote:I love this series so much. I only learned about it from a review here, and it's quickly become one of my favourite series. The characters all have depth and intrigue. I was so sad to finish the series.
Have read the newest book, Feversong? It was released earlier this year?
Miche Sora
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Silence Fallen</a>
Currently Reading: Volatile Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miche-sora.html
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs

Post by Miche Sora »

This is another series that I love, and was not happy that Feversong is the last book in said series. :( Talk about a roller coaster ride! Does anyone know what her next series will be, besides the Highlander series she already writes?
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

This is a great series! I read her Highlander series before this and it helped me have a little better understanding of the world she was setting up. There are even a few characters from the Highlander series. I haven't read the last two books in the Fever series...I was forgetting too many details between the release dates. I might start the series from the beginning again now that they final book is released.
Robindeann77

Post by Robindeann77 »

This series is the best! I can literally read this series over and over again and constantly pick up something new from it! So many characters with many different layers! I can't wait for her new book!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”