Official Review: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Official Review: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman, by Brady Stefani, seems to be the reactions of an ordinary reader.In this way, it excells. It is illustrative as well.
ayyyesami
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayyyesami.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by ayyyesami »

The title of this book drew my attention already and your review has made me even more excited to get my hands on it! I'm mentally ill myself and it's a real struggle in my life and in my fiction life to find good books that not only have content I'm into and properly written mental illness. I absolutely cannot wait to read this!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Science-fiction is a very interesting read because of its uniqueness. I wonder how would Courtney would overcome her situation. Congrats on a well-written review!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
near
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4578">When Leaves Fall</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword and the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by near »

What is the meaning and purpose of the tattoo? Why did her grandpa commit a suicide? Its intriguing that only she can see the aliens and "astra" her friend. But i find the story a bit funny, don't know if I'm overthinking the story but in the last part when they where playing ball courtney seemed to have seen a dim light, but i think she was hit by the ball but in his mind she saw something alienated. All in all its a good story so my rate is 3 out of 4 stars.
Cilleam
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cilleam »

The story is very interesting. Im a picky reader and I don't continue books that didn't get my attention but, this fiction makes me wonder about a lot of things in the story like " Is Courtney true or it is just her illusion or should I say craziness?" Those things makes me curious and want to pursue reading a book.

All in all, I rate The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman 4 out of 4 stars. Mr. Stefani really did a great job catching the readers interest especially when this book is about something like an illusion or imagination. The words used are just the right one and can understand really well. It is a big aspect in a book, choosing the right words, because that words turns like a screen in readers mind as if we are watching what the words describes in our mind.
gurpreetkaur
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by gurpreetkaur »

Nice review LivreAmour217, after reading your review I will try to read it ASAP and I have already keep it in my book shelf and congrats to author to her/his book- The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman :tiphat: @ BOTD. Thanks.
mitchmitchxd
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by mitchmitchxd »

Nice book
Kipchumba Kelvin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kipchumba Kelvin »

for me the story is such an interesting one. l like it big up Courtney. bravo
Karen88
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Karen88 »

I'm not into this genre, but I commend the reviewer. The review clearly shows that people, who love this genre, will definitely enjoy this book. Congratulation to the author for the positive review. ^^
Ayi
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ayi »

I just read the sample and there's no doubt its an interesting one.. cant wait to get the whole thing.. imaginary friend reminds me of my childhood though... 4 stars
Teewhy

Post by Teewhy »

This captures a lot about childhood struggles through an imaginative story filled with surprises......
But what makes Courtney unique is her strained internal struggle: is she really seeing aliens, or is the whole thing detailed construct of her mind? Courtney's torment was so realistic that it took me awhile to figure out what was really going on.
I enjoyed the fact that I could focus on the adventure.. It was awesome
Danithuo

Post by Danithuo »

A very detailed review indeed. Seems to be a very interesting book because to me the story is a real life experience. Kudos to the author!!!
ahanmisi anna
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ahanmisi anna »

i can see, that courtney was a brave and 'intellegent girl
even at her age
it nice i love the characters and, the plot

'
Survey Jury
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Survey Jury »

Nice review

-- 09 Jun 2017, 02:40 --

Have been entertained to the fullest

-- 09 Jun 2017, 02:42 --

The book is really inspiring
albertodion8406
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by albertodion8406 »

Awesome review that takes to the extreme of the mind...a sci-fi and physiological history that only can be take to Hollywood! 8)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”