Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seni
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Post by Seni »

I think that happens, there ¡ overload of the same subjects and theme. That happened to me with clan of the cave bears. What I do now is read other books in between. I'm on the second outlander and am enjoying it immensely!
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I have read most of the books in the series quite awhile ago. I recently picked them up again and started re-reading them. They are still captivating because of the wonderful array of characters throughout the books. I would recommend this series to everyone who enjoys getting "lost in a book".
amale
Currently Reading: the long way to a small angry planet
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amale.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by amale »

I admit, I initially scoffed at the idea of the Outlander series. I figured being that it focused on Scottish Highlanders that it would be a typical Scottish Highlander "dime romance novel". However, it is so much more than that! The amount of research done into the time period and various locations the characters in the books travel to is brilliantly done. I shamefully admit it took seeing a few episodes of the television show based on it to convince me to read them, but once I did I was a convert. Great reads!
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

I have resisted reading Outlanded, but I may have to check it out based on the comments here. I typically don't like reading books that are popular, but I think it's been long enough to give it a shot.
Pennyc

Post by Pennyc »

The books and the TV series are great. I highly recommend them.
Txangel0213
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-txangel0213.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Txangel0213 »

Unfortunately, I have yet to read this series. I have been wanting to for a few years but haven't gotten to it yet. I have it on my summer reading list and will read the series before the next book is released. I am a huge fan of historical fiction and as such I appreciate all of the historical references Diana Gabaldon uses in the story. I also love the history of the Scotland Highlands and will read just about any book in that setting. I have watched the first two seasons of the STARZ adaptation of the books and while I enjoyed the show I am hoping that the books are better.
smartboy
Currently Reading: Bite Me
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by smartboy »

The name kind of a movie i watched , but the review wasnt good as i expected i would just put this book in my to read list.
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

The outlander is one of my Favorite book. It had drawn me into its historical world and time changing concept. I had finished this book in two days. It was an amazing read and it was worth my time.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

These books are wonderful. I've read the first two several times. The television on Starz is also well done and sticks to the books.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I was first introduced to Outlander by the TV series and after falling in love, I just had to buy the books! They were even better! I couldn't put them down and fell in love with Clare's character. I find her to be so unique and different than most other female fantasy protagonists. The best part of these novels to me is how realistic the love story is. It doesn't feel forced, and their relationship is continually being challenged by 'real life' events. These books get a 4 out of 4 stars from me.
cdg127

Post by cdg127 »

I picked Outlander up completely by random chance at a book store 2 years ago and it has become one of my favorite series of all time. I have recommended them to everyone I know and have reread them more times than I care to admit in the past 2 years. The history, the romance, and the adventure of it all is addicting! Cheers to Diana Gabaldon (and please finish the last book A.S.A.P.)!!!
J3nni315
Currently Reading: Music to My Ears (Pre-Release Beta Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j3nni315.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by J3nni315 »

I watched the first season of the show when it first premiered, but I left for college around the time of the second season and never got back into it. I purchased the book on Audible several months ago, but after reading this review, I might make it the next book in my TBR.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”