Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Re: Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by vinodsai »

Thanks for the fantastic review. I am a huge fan of vampire stories. An Interesting fantasy with a unique concept about vampires with a blend of action, adventure, magic and comedy.
Dree24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Dree24 »

I enjoyed the review. It was quite long. I thought it was crazy that he woke up to him becoming a vampire then down the rode he is fighting a dragon.
bekkirtw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bekkirtw.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bekkirtw »

I wanted to read this book before I read the review; now I really want to read it. It is not often that a writer can pull off the complexity of a fantasy world in a convincing way. I love that you say it is well done, and I love that the author stepped away from the stereotypical vampire story. Thanks for an illuminating review.
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

I like this spin on vampires and am excited to read this. May even download the audible version. Excellent review! Great detail without spoiling the book. Very nice!
daviesrota 23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by daviesrota 23 »

This vampire form changes the game aside from the normal bloodsucking creatures and is very intriguing for a first sequel. The fact that love is what drove him symplifies the storyline and gives an overview of the story with love being the foundation. Personally i think its a great book for the sci-fi lovers
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

The book is quite long but with the insightful review, one can sample it. It looks like a vampire story told differently. It shows the power that religion has on peoples lives.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Emmanae
Currently Reading: The Power
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanae.html
Latest Review: Discover Your Thinner Self by David Medansky
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emmanae »

I think I’m going to pass on this one, it seems a bit lengthy for right now in my schedule. Excited to have the book though, and I may get around to it later on :)
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

Once again the reviewer gave the book a perfect score when the book is not perfect. The reviewer commented on the occasional missed capital or sentences miss worded, therefore the book is not perfect and does not deserve a perfect score. That being said this book sounds very unique and captivating.
AmoyC
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Currently Reading: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou's Autobiography #1)
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amoyc.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by AmoyC »

I love this review. :D :tiphat: It was engaging and makes me even more eager to read the book. I look forward to the enchanting journey that this book will take me on.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Thanks for the great review!! It sounds like a new take on a vampire tale that's not all garlic and crucifixes.
VictoriaMcMillen
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriamcmillen.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Soldier by Adriene Odom

Post by VictoriaMcMillen »

Thanks for your review. It seems too far fetched for my liking. I'll pass on this one.
~Victoria M.L. McMillen

"You can, you should, and if you are brave enough to start, you will." Stephen King
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

I love fantasy books that don't rely on tropes like elves and dwarves, at least not entirely! The way vampires are tackled in this book seems especially unique.
toyinafolalu
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toyinafolalu.html
Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Post by toyinafolalu »

This review is insightful and has convinced me that this could be a good read,afterall.The multiple cultures, religions and languages are interesting,away from the frightening vampire,dragons etc.Congrats to the author on the positive rating and on BOTD.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

An interesting take on medicine, religion, science and magic. Eric finds himself in a world that he quickly adjusts to and makes the most of.
Ericaaleon

Post by Ericaaleon »

Having not read the entire series, the beginning is captivating. I'm not sure how I feel about mixing up the whole religious beliefs and magic with Valkyrie vampires. I'm afraid to get further information and end up finding out this 3 part series may be a waste of time. I need more time in my day to read this but I guess that's a good thing!? Hmm, I guess we'll see.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”