Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Christina Rose »

This sounds like a unique twist to the typical vampire fantasy novel. I've added it to my list of books to read. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Eric's Story about vampire, magic and adventure is cool. I like this book and reviewer has done a good job.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
evangonyeka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by evangonyeka »

Eric's story about vampire, magic and adventure is nice and cool. Who you are is the product of what you do. I love this book and the reviewer has done a nice job
Ganiyat Bello
Currently Reading: The Vampire Gaytooth
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganiyat-bello.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by Ganiyat Bello »

This is an amazing book. And a different dimension to the vampire stories. I think I will add it to my TBR book shelf. This reviewer did a great judgment to the book. Good job
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner
ashly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by ashly »

Virtually every paragraph adds a twist to the story that makes it even more interesting to read.
Eric didn't ask to be a vampire. In fact, he didn't even believe in them. Then he meets a beautiful woman, wakes up with a hangover, and bites his tongue with his own fangs.

Which pretty much settles the question.

Now he's trying to hold down his day job while learning the rules of the Undead -- the most important being that bloodthirsty urges and predatory instincts are a real bitch.

Upside; Eric has the beautiful Sasha to teach him the ropes, including the magic he'll need to survive.

Downside; they're being hunted by members of the Church of Light, who are determined to rid the world of vampires.

When Sasha is killed, and Eric is thrust into an alternate world in his quest to avenge her death. There he becomes a Nightlord, fights a dragon with the help of his magical steed, Bronze, and upchucks a sword named Firebrand.

But things get really interesting when Eric finally finds Tobias, head of the Church of Light. Soon Eric finds himself at the center of an epic battle at the literal edge of the world in a fight to keep a terrible darkness at bay.

"When you fall off the Edge of the World into hordes of demonic Things from the Outer Darkness, you really start to wonder about your life choices."
--Eric, part-time undead, expectant father, and short-term astronaut.
looking forward...
katoa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by katoa »

Am really impressed by the author,all away from Kenya,I can receive his message through mobile library,congratulation.

-- 26 Oct 2017, 01:56 --

Am really impressed by the author,all away from Kenya,I can receive his message through mobile library,congratulation.
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

Wow. Ever since Twilight I avoid vampire stories like the plague, but this looks worth a go. I love fantasy with world building, especially it is rich, coherent and original! I also enjoy character development and it sounds as though this hero is more than a cardboard cut-out. It would make a nice change!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

A different world where vampires live and there's magic too? This is a new concept for me. I personally would like to know what Eric did to appease his conscience for drinking blood. This book sounds very promising. Thank you for this enchanting review!
Nwonye Obini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwonye-obini.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Nwonye Obini »

We talk about fantasy, magic, etc; but I believe that human development and well being in the future will heavily rely on these to compensate for what science cannot do for us.

Let us all prepare for the coming Age when the super natural will give us a better life.
Bagbe
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Reading Device: URL

Post by Bagbe »

:Obviously,the book of Nightlord: Sunset by Garon is a very interesting,eloquent,intelligence,and encouraging book. Eric was totally changed into a state of "vampire" as a result of his fiancee that dumped him.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

Nightlord: sunset is one of the most thrilling fantasy books with a very intriguing plot. Great review.
Shella01
Currently Reading: The Accidental Slave (Aya's Story)
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Shella01 »

Congrats to the author!,,I really love fantasies specially about vampires. I love this book because I am related to the story. It seems about destiny. They reviewed it completely. A tumbs up for that. :P
XeltranEZPZ
Currently Reading: The Black Magician Trilogy Book One

Post by XeltranEZPZ »

Nice story about a man who lose everything then gain everything again, i also like the concept of him being a vampire to fight the bad
Sharonwanga

Post by Sharonwanga »

From the review the book seems interesting. It also captures the overwhelming events that takes place in people's lives when they accept who they are and their capabilities. I haven't read the book but it sure sounds interesting.
Bagbe
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Reading Device: URL

Post by Bagbe »

Nighlord! I saluted the courage of author,though the road was rough but the end justified the means,he end up triumphantly.

Return to โ€œSci-Fi and Fantasy Booksโ€