Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bluepm15
Currently Reading: Hello, My Love
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Bluepm15 »

Fantastic job on the review, descriptive enough to convince anyone who doesn't like fantasy books like me just bought the book and read the first chapter and I liked it.
Allie_L
Currently Reading: The Name of the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Allie_L »

The take on vampires kind of interests me, but they don't seem to have a lot of connection to the original vampire lore. Which makes me wonder it maybe it would be better off to call the creatures something else?
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

This book was on my reading list! I'm so intrigued by the authors take on how vampires function and that their enemies are from another dimension. I love reading vampire books by different authors, there is always a fresh look at these creatures, their abilities, and their world.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

Usually I love vampire books, and I’m intrigued by the unique take on vampires here, but I’m not sure a story told through journal entries could keep my attention. I’ll have to try it out and see how far I get.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Your review is very interesting and I can feel your enthusiasm about the book. I like your summary and it mames me want to read the book. I really like the first person point of view too. A person turned into a vampire and had experienced magic for the first time? This is definitely one hell of an adventure! Would gladly read this book!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for the great review. Read the sample - love vampire stories This is going to the top of my list
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

The cover and story really intrigued me so far. I want to know why Eric was turned into a vampire, guess I have to wait and see.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
revcsn
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revcsn.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by revcsn »

Interesting review, I don't usually read vampire books because I don't like the whole idea of them needing to drink other's blood to survive. This book sounds like it gives a new view on vampires and may change my mind. The themes the covers, magic, science, religion, and medicine are themes that interest me so I will give this book a chance.
SaffraWhishart
Currently Reading: The Candle Room
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saffrawhishart.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by SaffraWhishart »

I don't usually do vampire books, but I gave this one a try because I've enjoyed Whited's writing in other books. Like you, I enjoyed Eric's self-deprecating humor. His friendship with Travis also kept me reading; it felt very authentic.

In the end, the writing was good but not quite good enough to get me invested in a vampire book...it's still on my bookshelf, though; maybe I'll pull it out on a rainy day.

To other readers, I would say,
If you like vampire books, you will probably really enjoy this.
If you don't like vampire books, there's still a good likelihood you'll enjoy this. Give it a shot.
DaynaL
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DaynaL »

I usually always read a fantasy book based on a recommendation and yours did it for me. I have never really got into the vampire scene in books, but am willing to branch out due the excitement generated for this book from your review. The mixture of the ideas around identity, science, religion, magic intrigues me. Blueme14, the review just got the book onto my shelf! Thanks!
KasperGrl
Currently Reading: Finding Meaning in an Imperfect World
Bookshelf Size: 147

Post by KasperGrl »

I was already sure I would enjoy this book because of how much I am a fan of vampires but I'm even more excited about it after finding out it has a fresh take on vampires! This sounds like a really fun book that even someone who isn't a fan of vampire books could enjoy.
gaygothcousin
Currently Reading: The Nearest Exit May Be Behind You
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaygothcousin.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by gaygothcousin »

The book honestly sounds a bit cliche, but the take on vampires is certainly interesting and one I can get behind. It's a new take that seems refreshing, but may be a bit much of a departure from the original folklore. It's hard to say without personally reading it, which I'll certainly have to.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Very detailed and enjoyable review. However, this is not my favorite genre so I'll have to pass on this one.
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! You really sold it to me. The book cover is very eye-catching. I also think that it is interesting and unique that the author portrayed vampires in a fashion different than that in popular media.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

It’s very interesting that the story is told through journal entries. It seems like an original story filled with many themes.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”