Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kayode Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Kayode Michael »

I have always loved vampire movies. This book really caught my attention.
It was incredible . I love it. The first chapter was a bit tensed up but it's a good book
Aishat Rabiu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishat-rabiu.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Aishat Rabiu »

The reviewer definitely has made me curious. I have never read a vampire book actually but I have a great feeling this one will not discourage me. Such an interesting book
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I generally like books about vampires and your review made me want to read this book further. I'm glad that there was good character development and also appreciate there being a good blend of fantasy and reality mixed in. I only read a sample and this book is very long but your review made me want to read the rest of it eventually. Thanks for an entertaining review.
okayode
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by okayode »

Vampire story? This Eric of a character is amazing... From the review.
I will love to read this book and I look forward to the balanced originality, fantasy, adventure and magic write up.
Nice review.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Awesome job on your review! Mr. Whited's fan base just keeps growing! It is so generous of him to offer today's BOTD for free. :-) Congrats, sir, on your perfect rating and thank you!
olufemijoseph
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by olufemijoseph »

Eric wakes up became a vampire without his conscience, seek revenge against the church of light, his magical portal and his new aid friend bronze and firebrand, makes the story highly intriguing, full of actions and suspense. Congrats on BOTD
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

That's an interesting approach to the vampire genre. I liked how vampires in this book go beyond good looks and sparkles. Also, adding magic swords and dragons is a plus. I might check this book out and see how it goes. Thank you for the review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The story is an interesting blend of magic, adventure, comedy and action. Good review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

This story sounds interesting, especially how he becomes a vampire. The dragon fight seems incredibly random, though. Thanks for writing a review.
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

Iโ€™m really enjoying this book, too! I agree with your statements about the Everyman type character, the humour, and the new perspective on becoming a vampire, as told in the story. Eric is likeable as he experiences the unexpected transition, and his self-deprecating comments enhance the empathy readers have for him. His initial actions and reactions are very โ€˜normalโ€™ and I suspect many will be able to relate to him. No one ever expects to wake up after a big night, and discover they are a vampire! This is, so far, an engaging and enjoyable read and I look forward to completing the book.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited', is an overall analysis of the story of the book, which helps providing a healthy exposure to our personality!
Ajbish
Currently Reading: A Kingdom Forgotten
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ajbish »

Thank-you for taking the time to review. It is intriguing how this book differs from a traditional vampire book. Usually I stray from such books yet maybe the differences will change my mind over time.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

You sound so overenthusiastic about this book that I have the feeling I must have read a different sample. :) Unfortunately, I did not like the beginning. For me, it lacks credibility although I noticed the author's gift for storytelling and his predisposition to irony and satire.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Jenna_faith
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Jenna_faith »

The review of night lord seems intriguing and captivating especially the whole vampire thing and where Eric a normal Humman who's heart was broken after getting drunk woke up the next morning and found out he is a vampire who later become a hero
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

If the book is as great as your review, I can't wait to read it. Have downloaded it but have not read the sample. I find myself drawn to the dark world where vampires, werewolves and other creatures dwell. The summary on Amazon was good and piqued my interest, but your review was full of rich details that make me want to experience your zeal for this book. I'll come back after reading the book and let you know if my passion for this book is as high as yours.

Return to โ€œSci-Fi and Fantasy Booksโ€