The Siren by Keira Cass

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pretty_Mrs_P
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Siren by Keira Cass

Post by Pretty_Mrs_P »

When bought this book I was super excited (I'm a sucker for a really nice cover) and I loved the book just as much :) the storyline was very nicely laid out, with lots of unexpected turns. How Keira describes sirens and how they came to be is very believable, which I like in a good book. If you can believe it, then you can "live" the story. I finished this book in two days, I didn't want to put it down! Great read!
el_nordie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-nordie.html

Post by el_nordie »

The Siren is the new book by Kiera Cass. It is an enthralling story about a young girl named Kahlen who became a Siren in order to survive and her struggles with her life as a Siren. Cass's new story is exciting, captivating, intriguing, and was almost impossible to put down. You feel with Kahlen when she is excited about something, when she is hurting, etc. The Siren is the perfect mix of action and romance, sadness and happiness. An overall great story.
Elle Reve
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-reve.html

Post by Elle Reve »

Hello everybody!!

Hope you're doing well. As much as I love fiction I particularly didn't like this one. This book struck me a bit unsatisfying. I usually opt for books which have a lot going on and also where you can connect with the characters. I did like Isabelle though. This book was also in the top picks of New York Times. Do let me know which characters you liked and what you think of the story!. I would rate this book a 6 out of 10

xxx
Pockets
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pockets.html

Post by Pockets »

Review of: The Siren written by Kiera Cass-

This story is about a teenage girl who becomes a siren during a tragic incident at sea, and the struggles she'll soon face.

There is not just one setting or location, as the character(s) have to travel a lot. The scenery and locations are described wonderfully, and are easy to visualize.

There are quite a few surprises, and some will keep you guessing until the end. Also each character is easy to distinguish, as there are many.

This story is not just about the lives of sirens, but the struggles they face, like communicating with people or even falling in love. There are a few emotional moments in the story where you just might get misty eyes.

My thoughts!: I honestly loved everything about this book! From the sirens unique way of traveling to the heart wrenching love story. I couldn't have asked for a better ending. This story will surely give you a different perspective on Sirens of the Ocean.
5/5 for this YA Fiction!
MerryLove
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merrylove.html
Latest Review: "Coppers Journey" by Julius Green
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MerryLove »

This book was published in January of 2016.

Kahlen is a siren indebted to the Ocean. She and her sisters learn to cope with the rules and obligations that come with their particular profession.

Kiera Cass does a lovely job of creating likeable characters and gives the reader an unexpected take on the world and duties of a siren. It makes for a fun read with a sweet love story thrown in to boot. It is a story she originally wrote in her beginning years as a writer though. Luckily I knew this ahead of time, so I wasn't expecting the same sort of writing she has shown in the Selection series. It lacks some of the depth of the dystopian society Cass writes about in the Selection, but by thinking of them as separate entities this book was still very enjoyable.

The book is a light and fun read while still taking some serious tones when the situation calls for it.The best part of this book is learning about the sirens and their world. That means there's not a lot I can tell about it without ruining the experience of the book.

Rating

I'd give this book a 3 out of 4. While I probably won't read it again, this was a unique take on the life of a siren and was definitely worth the one time read.
Latest Review: "Coppers Journey" by Julius Green
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

The concept of this book was extremely intriguing but I felt let down by the way the author uses the fact that the main character is a siren. It seemed like the story was about a girl's love life who also happened to be a siren. Keira Cass could've put so much more detail into this book but instead she only scratched the surface.
I gave this book 2 out of 4 stars and part of the reason why I was generous is because this is Keira Cass' first written novel.
Chetna Sharma 3

Post by Chetna Sharma 3 »

The siren is a fantasy novel by Kiara Cass. This was Cass's first published novel. The siren's story revolves around a siren named kahlen and a human named Akinli.

This novel also has a very important role of ocean, how sometimes she is scary and sometimes a mother.

This novel has so many emotions contained. You will cry,smile and sometimes get afraid too.

My thoughts: I loved how the author portrayed the character of Akinli and kahlen, you start loving Akinli as you read the book. And you feel the situation of kahlen, how she is thinking, behaving all the things. And the end i loved the Book.

Rating:- 3 stars ( The ending could have been better, it felt like something was left which wasn't completed)
Last edited by Chetna Sharma 3 on 01 Jun 2021, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

I read the book but I haven't finished it yet. I'm gonna read it again after I get a copy of it. I'm sure it's gonna ba an exciting read because Kiera Cass' works are guaranteed superb and well-written.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”