Official Review: The Crashers by Magen Cubed

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah G
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-g.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II
fav_author_id: 4040

Re: Official Review: The Crashers by Magen Cubed

Post by Sarah G »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 03:24 I'm impressed with this review, and I'm not surprised that this read won your heart: it's evident in your work. Sounds like an interesting fantasy read. Thank you for your review!
Thanks for the feedback :-). Yeh I really enjoyed this book. There are some books you get to read which make you feel so lucky for this opportunity :-)
The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon
Sarah G
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah G »

Cotwani wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 05:48 The premise sounds intriguing. I like that the author is able to delve into intense themes without making them the focus of the book. Great review!
Thanks for your feedback. It was refreshing to see the themes dealt with as something that is normal under the circumstances.
The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon
Sarah G
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah G »

Debjani Ghosh wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 08:49
but don’t expect your normal superhero spandex and cape.
These few words have me sold on to add this book to my TR list. Great review!
I know right! It really was refreshing to see people reacting how most of us would to super powers. Not everyone wants to use them. Some just want to be normal again.
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

The Camden Five are a diverse bunch! I’d like to see how they respond to their newfound superpowers. The author seems to have done a great job with character development and a unique plot line. Well done review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Sarah G
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah G »

stacie k wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 17:33 The Camden Five are a diverse bunch! I’d like to see how they respond to their newfound superpowers. The author seems to have done a great job with character development and a unique plot line. Well done review!
Yet they really are. I think the diversity of the characters made it more interesting when they all react differently to the news. Thanks for your feedback :-)
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Wow! You stated that this was the best book you have read from OBC so far. That makes me want to read it for sure. I find it interesting that the "Camden Five" that survived the train bombing ends up with superpowers, and the story is told from each of their perspectives.
Sarah G
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah G »

LV2R wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 03:57 Wow! You stated that this was the best book you have read from OBC so far. That makes me want to read it for sure. I find it interesting that the "Camden Five" that survived the train bombing ends up with superpowers, and the story is told from each of their perspectives.
Thanks for your feedback :-). A really good page turned that I didn't want to finish
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

It seems like this book takes the thought that "things happen for a reason" a notch higher than normal; if an accident can give one a superpower, it shouldn't be that bad at all anymore. Thank you for your descriptive review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

Great review and sounds like I would like the book. What an interesting concept, the "Could it possibly that the train crash gave them superpowers." Want to see what that is about!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”