Official Review: The Final Frontier by H M Irwing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Re: Official Review: The Final Frontier by H M Irwing

Post by bluemel4 »

H M Irwing wrote:Thank you for your review. Appreciate it. Like all criticism both constructive and otherwise, its too little too late. The book is already written and the professional editor failed in coming up to mark in picking up your pointers. I did enjoy the writing of the story though. It was great.

There will not be a sequel as was originally planned for obvious reasons. But I do encourage all to have a read of this one and form your own opinions.

This was not the first negative review I have gotten on this book. Everyone' s opinions seemed to be wildly erratic. I have had a diverse range of rating from full stars to one. Each reader looks at it from varyng view points.

But I enjoy reading their opinions and comparing it to my own.

So thank you for your time and effort.
Thank you for your comments @"H M Irwing" Perhaps you will revisit the idea in the future with a different editor. I really think you have something special with this story and with some help it could become an amazing book.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

This might be the nicest, most professional response I have seen on this site from an author after reading a less-than-glowing (but constructive) review. I wish a few of the authors of my review books were like that. I sometimes get the authors that gripe about something even after receiving 3 or even 4 stars! Being able to handle constructive criticism is a sure path to success!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
bluemel4

Post by bluemel4 »

bookowlie wrote:This might be the nicest, most professional response I have seen on this site from an author after reading a less-than-glowing (but constructive) review. I wish a few of the authors of my review books were like that. I sometimes get the authors that gripe about something even after receiving 3 or even 4 stars! Being able to handle constructive criticism is a sure path to success!
I absolutely agree!
H M Irwing
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: <a href="viewtopic.php?f=44&t=78724" class="postlink">View official OnlineBookClub.org review of <em>Ever After</em></a>

Post by H M Irwing »

Thank you!

Happy to grow. I will sympathise with the other authors receiving negative feedbacks. Its not easy to receive with all the effort taken to produce a book. The love that goes in and the hopes it holds is not obvious to others.

But a critic has as tough a role. Wielding a double edged sword that will deliver thrusts that bleeds as well as take on the backlash from it.

Both are vital to continued growth.

Your efforts was well done and much appreciated. Not everyone takes the effort to point out the elephant in the room. I respect those who bravely voice out their thoughts and opinions.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=44&t=78724" class="postlink">View official OnlineBookClub.org review of <em>Ever After</em></a>
bluemel4

Post by bluemel4 »

@"H M Irwing" The reviews here are very sensitive to how much work, passion, and love goes into writing a book. That's why we strive for constructive criticism instead of negative comments.

Thank you for your kind words about my review. I hope you keep writing and growing. I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
H M Irwing
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: <a href="viewtopic.php?f=44&t=78724" class="postlink">View official OnlineBookClub.org review of <em>Ever After</em></a>

Post by H M Irwing »

No worries!

Just to give you a review of what happens next especially as it may never be written, Sim uses the Ovion 's artifact, retrieved by Xion to help stave off the war with the Johuans.

With communications brought down by the Johuans, Sim touches the artifact that immediately links her to all Ovions. She is able to use them as a force to wield them as her weapon.

So the war is won and shielded wall of energy on Earth bursts open.

Its time to see whats on the otherside.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=44&t=78724" class="postlink">View official OnlineBookClub.org review of <em>Ever After</em></a>
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Wonderful, insightful review bluemel4!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

Great review! I usually love science fiction books and the premise of this story does sound very interesting. I'm sorry to hear that it didn't live up to its potential.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
bluemel4

Post by bluemel4 »

TrishaAnn92 wrote:Wonderful, insightful review bluemel4!
Thank you! @TrishaAnn92

-- Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:09 pm --
CrescentMoon wrote:Great review! I usually love science fiction books and the premise of this story does sound very interesting. I'm sorry to hear that it didn't live up to its potential.

Thank you! @CrescentMoon I agree. I love sci-fi too.
Seema khaliq
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Seema khaliq »

Great review ! I like science fiction story is interesting.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”