Review: The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy #1) by Amish

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Santosh Kumbhar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Review: The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy #1) by Amish

Post by Santosh Kumbhar »

Meluha a society of cultural or civilized community who's base was created centuries ago by Lord Rama, a near to perfect empire also called as Suryawanshi, a greatest Monarchy ever lived. Every rules has a reasons whether it is agony or leisure and are thought through to help human race which are unbiased and are acceptable by community from ages.

The great Meluha empire who live with proud, faces a great danger with drying primary river Saraswati, danger of terrorist from neighbouring empire of Chandravanshi who also seams to have allies with Nagas (a ostracised and sinister race of deformed human with surprisingly great martial skills). Suryawanshi, having a great empire with unmatched military technology and skills still awaits for a hero who will rise when evil will reach to his extreme and awaits for his leadership to attain triumph.

Siva a Tibetan tribe leader who has their own culture and way of living, arrives in Meluha and surprisingly Meluhans found hero in him with his shining blue throat. A great hero for whom they were waiting for long time. Staying with them absorbing Meluhans culture and understanding their Monarchy, Siva falls in love with Meluhan King's daughter Sati who is being in agony following Vikarma rules still proud of being Meluhan, lady with strong determination, self-esteem and martial skills ready to defend Meluhans pride and pril.

An twist in story comes with realization of Siva also been a HERO being awaited by Chandravanshi making Siva depressed on his decision of invading Chandravanshi and realizing NAGAS not allies of Chandravanshi, a superb INTERMISSION for Trilogy#2.

The whole read keeps reader engaged with characters,their act and thoughts in the trilogy. A Tibetan leader coming to Meluha, belief of leaders in Supreme Hero (a individual with blue throat), a love story of Shiva and Sita in midst of unusual belief of Meluhans leaders, unveiling a Hero (Shiva) in front of Meluhans, fight with Nagas make believe reader Nagas are allies of Chandravanshi, dramatic invasion on Chandravansi and a super twist in story which brings Shiva closer to realization of his destiny in life making eager a reader to read Trilogy#2.

A great start to the Trilogy, I recommend this book to read with 4 stars who love to know history which is explained in fantasy and flies you in a dream of authors and his writings.
K_Kaori
Currently Reading: The Saltwater Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-kaori.html

Post by K_Kaori »

The Shiva Trilogy has been my favorite too. It is mythology wrapped with believable plot that makes you to percieve things in a different yet acceptable manner. Drama, heroism, romance and action everything was present in this series in an equal proportion.
ashyboi

Post by ashyboi »

The book, as well as the series, is a must-read. Takes the reader to the lengths and breadths of the dear motherland of ours- India. The suspense made is a thing to mention. A true masterpiece. I appreciate the genius mind of Amish. I spent sleepless nights reading this, curious to find what happens next. The book never let me 'grab' even a clue of what was awaiting. From action to wit, from romance to suspense- perfect proportion. Particularly, the chain of events related to Shiva's Uncle is amazingly crafted till the last book.
Vighnesh1997

Post by Vighnesh1997 »

Once started reading, there is no going back. The beautiful writing skills of the author keeps the reader bound to the plot from the very first chapter. There are a handful of authors who can make the audience curious to know what happens next, and, Amish Tripathi is in that list. The Shiva Trilogy is a 3 book series, but the amazing part is, at any point reading this book, I didn't feel bored by the script. It is a mythological fiction and a must read.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

MY friend has recommended this series. The review is great.
kinnary0209
Currently Reading:

Post by kinnary0209 »

I was not found of reading much.This was the 1st book I have ever read..This book has made me addictive to read. Author has describe details so finely that I could imagine and see characters in my mind clearly..worth watching..and here is my 1st review for the same. :)
Last edited by kinnary0209 on 20 Sep 2020, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”