Official Review: Deathsworn Arc: The Last Dragon Slayer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadinetimes10.html
Latest Review: Joletta’s Dreams by Karen Craker Forester

Re: Official Review: Deathsworn Arc: The Last Dragon Slayer

Post by NadineTimes10 »

"Stanley does a wonderful job creating a world that is not bogged down with too many new concepts or details... New characters are seamlessly introduced with enough backstory and information to understand their importance to the story... Overall the book is filled with universal truths that make it fascinating and exciting to read."

Great review!

Admittedly, I've more or less only begun to dabble in fantasy. Though I've been enjoying it so far, it might be easy for me to feel lost. So a story that isn't full of too many new concepts all at once or an influx of characters who are barely introduced sounds good for a newbie. And I'm all for fiction that contains universal truths!
REENA BEN
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by REENA BEN »

I like to read Dragon stories interesting and fun each dialogue is well suitable to characters. A good review.
SamAimee
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by SamAimee »

The book is amusing and since am interesting in stories when it come to Dragon Slayer, I thought I should read it more, it caught my eye and I have taken interested would like to read more about this book , so keep me update anytime
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I love high-fantasy novels with dragons in them. Your review makes me want to read this. Thanks for posting it.
SamAimee
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by SamAimee »

That would great, it would be fun for reading it, going to enjoy it as well as I do
MsAlpha
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20752">The Last Wish</a>
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by MsAlpha »

I generally like fantasy novels, especially those that are set in medieval Europe and feature magical races, but the theme gets so overused every new read becomes a little less enjoyable.
With your review though, I'm sure this will be a fantastic read. In fact, I already downloaded it. Thanks bluemel4! :)
Nyawera Gikaru
Currently Reading: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever
Bookshelf Size: 184

Post by Nyawera Gikaru »

Amazing cover and story line, Eager to read more about the dragons.
Malfoyy Slitherin
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malfoyy-slitherin.html
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter

Post by Malfoyy Slitherin »

I will love to check this out sometime.. Nice work.
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter
Edmunds Shiundu
Currently Reading: Things Fall Apart
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Edmunds Shiundu »

we should know our destiny
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Not much of a dragon slayer myself...but this looks exciting for fantasy fans. Thanks for an informative review!
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

Fantasy stories are good but I think that trying always to imagine stories and characters is not easy. I prefer watching it when the job is already don3 for me. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Amazing story. I praise the author for having written this fantasy book. I am confident it is a good read. Thanks for the review!
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Thank you for the clear-cut review. It couldn't have been easy for a team of almost complete strangers to set out on a quest to kill a 'near invulnerable' dragon. I would like to explore the concepts of nature vs nurture alongside other issues raised in the book. Well done to the author for earning top stars.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Tanny136
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanny136.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Tanny136 »

This book sounds to be a thrilling adventure ride. Thank you so much for this detailed review..I think I agree with what you have mentioned about the book falling under the paradigm of fantasy yet it doesn't introduce too many new concepts and details which might make a reader feel lost and ultimately lose interest in reading it further. The novel seems to be replete with instances of gripping page turners and interesting themes along with a tinge of humor. From your review, I can conclude that it sure is a fun-filled fantasy fiction book which isn't a drag at all.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”