Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alan A 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alan-a-1.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Alan A 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies tells a medieval-style fantasy story full of magic, interesting characters, and adventure, with a unique storytelling style to keep the reader entertained.

One thing to take into account is that the story progresses following the lives of the different characters, such as Galen Bray, who is a boy who escapes from the princess's lands to go see his uncle and look for another kind of life in Voulhire, or Eldus Alderman, who becomes the new lord of Hillport to try to rule with rectitude and fix the atrocities committed by his predecessors.

The narrative style seems appropriate to me; the author knows how to keep the reader focused; one does not struggle to read, but the book itself absorbs you into the narrative. Each character is charismatic and has their own lifestyle and problems, and everything happens so naturally that it seems as if they were alive.

In the description of the book, I read this: "I assure you that this opening volume was written and revised with effort, with painstaking care, but most importantly, with enthusiasm and love," and I must say that it is true. The person who reads this book will find that those words are true, because you can see that every detail was revised with great care, every aspect of the story, and the characters too. The truth is that I have no complaints about the book. Something else I like is the description of each place because it is not confusing and it is easy to imagine the place where they are.

I give We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars; it deserves it; it's a great book.

I recommend this book to people who like medieval stories with good characters. Just be aware that there are strong themes in the book like murder and pedophilia, which, in my opinion, are necessary for this kind of story, but if they are not tolerated, just be careful.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”