Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Eliah king »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I recently read We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Mattew Tysz, and I must say that it was a unique and enjoyable book.

The story revolves around Galen, a young man from the warring islands who inherits his great uncle's property in Voulhire. His dream is to become a blacksmith and follow in his great uncle's footsteps. The journey of self-discovery that Galen goes through is inspiring, and I found myself rooting for him throughout the book.

I like how the author blends realism with metaphysical elements in the book. The realist descriptions of the daily lives of regular people and political intrigues merge effortlessly with philosophical reflections on time, Caromentis, Cosmos, stories of biomages and dancing warriors. It's refreshing to witness complex characters with challenging ideas and behaviors.

I don't like how the female characters in the book didn't have more prominent roles, even though Beth and Beverly were interesting characters. It felt like their potential wasn't fully explored, and the book left too many unanswered questions at the end. Despite this, I'm curious to read the other books in the series to see if there are any female protagonists and to find out the answers to the cliffhangers.

In addition, I strongly recommend the fantasy novel We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies for readers who enjoy intricate characterizations and intellectually stimulating concepts. The book's polished editing and captivating writing style left a lasting impression on me, earning it a perfect 5 out of 5 stars rating. The grandeur and vivid imagery of the feast of human hands were particularly memorable, and I didn't come across any errors in the writing of this book. It is exceptionally well-edited.

In conclusion, Sensitive readers should be aware that the book contains profanity, violence, and allusions to child abuse. However, despite these challenging themes, the author has masterfully created a complex and fascinating kingdom of Voulhire that is sure to enthrall readers. Overall, the points I have stated justify my rating.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kim Writerfrak Walters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writerfrak.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kim Writerfrak Walters »

"I was blown away by the depth of the characters in this book.
Each one had a unique voice and backstory that made them feel incredibly real.
It was like they leapt off the page!"

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”