Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinenye Sus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Chinenye Sus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It is only fitting to revere wonderful books, and the book, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a riveting book that exhibits so much potential. It has everything lined out perfectly for it. From start to finish is just simply excellent. There is no greater joy in the reading world than reading a book from a chosen genre that exhibits all the elements of that genre perfectly.

It is all magic, war, action, drama, and intense suspense in this book. The book first gives us, the readers, a view of the place known as the Lands of the Princes. This is the place the main character, Galen Bray, hails from. The place is not a typical kingdom or one characterized by trade, commerce, peace, and love; rather, it is characterized by division, fighting, and citizens who are scared for their lives. Call it a miracle, luck, or fate, but the death of an uncle Galen never knew gives him an out from the Lands of the Princes into the magnificent kingdom of Voulhire. How will this new arrival fare in the kingdom of Voulhire?

The best quality this book has is how it handles science fiction elements. It hinges its story on magic, dark fantasy, and character development, intertwined with a medieval setting consisting of kings, princes, mages, and soldiers. The book does not deviate from the elements it hinges its story on but builds every scene in the book around them. The kingdom of Voulhire with its king, the struggle for top individuals, and the magic used by mages perfectly capture these science fiction and fantasy elements and make the book extremely good.

My dislike of the book solely rests on the first part of the book, when the Lands of the Princes were brought up. I did not like that it ended abruptly. Nevertheless, this set the stage for the bigger picture of Galen in Voulhire, so I guess I can categorize it as a minor dislike. I like the way the main character, Galen, in the book acts. Most book narratives’ get it very wrong. In their narrative, the main character just suddenly becomes very bold and confident in all his or her actions, but this book correctly eases the main character into his new surroundings and also his development.

There is an error in We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. It was professionally edited. The book is something that many would love to read, but I would recommend it to people who prefer the genre of science fiction and fantasy. I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”