Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaysoncole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaysoncole.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Jaysoncole »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a sci-fi book that tells the adventure of Galen as he moved from the war-torn land of Princes to Magnum Caelum, in the kingdom of Voulhire, to seek greener pastures as life in the land of Princes became a living hell and unbearable for the people.

The book has an intertwined story of Galen’s experiences in the land of Princes and also the political struggle in Hillport in the kingdom of Voulhire, as well as the dismissal and appointment of lords. In the land of Princes, there was a struggle among the four sons of the emperor. This made Galen relocate to Voulhire, a prosperous place known for magic and science. It was the leadership of King Wilhelm Arcolo who appointed lords to lead the people of Hillport, but at different stages in the book they were replaced by the king for various reasons, which you will find out when you read the book. However, Lord Meldorath caused a lot of damage to the people, and he was replaced with Lord Eldus Alderman, who is the last hope for Hillport. Get a copy of the book to discover the mystery behind the war of the princes and the happenings in Hillport.

This is my favorite book in the series. I enjoyed the intriguing storyline and different plot twists. I love how the author told the story in such a way that it had a lot of suspenseful moments, as the action in the book was next to none. Another aspect of the book I loved is the character development. The major and minor characters were well developed, and I must appreciate the author for doing superb work in that regard. I acknowledge Matthew's creativity, as he created a perfect imagination of things in my mind. I felt like I got a perfect picture of what Voulhire looked like. I love how the author described the magic scenes in the book. It appeared like real-life events. I like the role Lord Eldus and his wife, Charlotte, played as he was appointed as the new lord by the king. I also love Rowan’s personality. The sincerity with which he passed Onita's assets to Galen is something I really admire.

I only dislike the fact that the book has many characters, and I found it hard to keep up with their names. It’s just a minor issue, but it slowed down my reading because I had to keep checking the glossary at the end of the book for the meaning of some terms in the book. The author wrote this book with concise words, and this made the book exceptional. There were no typographical errors in the book. This shows that it was exceptionally well edited.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I gave it a perfect rating because of the plot, setting, and, finally, the author's creativity. I recommend the book to lovers of sci-fi books and adventures. They would have a fantastic time reading the book.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”