Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yozza viandy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yozza-viandy.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by yozza viandy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Mattew Tysz is a fantasy novel that narrates the adventure of Glen Bray, the main character in this book. He tries to escape from the war-torn Land of the Princess. His great uncle died and left a message and his business as a forge man to Galen Bray. It was a precious opportunity for him to leave the Land of Princess into the Kingdom of Voulhire. However, he was still too young and inexperienced in forging and managing his uncle’s famous business. Galen sets out on this new adventure under Voulhire’s great skies.

This novel is an introductory novel that promises to be an epic series. The complexity presented by the author involves political, economic, and magical conflicts that are very admirable but also easy to understand. Although no conflicts have been resolved yet this is a very good start.

I was very impressed with this book. When I opened this book, a map was on the first page followed by an introduction to the characters and their backgrounds. It shows the author's ability to develop his fictional characters and world-building and also gives the reader a clear view of the characters and the world itself. The author uses the character’s name as the title of the chapter, this is a pretty good step so the reader can easily understand the shift in point of view considering that this novel uses a third-person point of view.

There is one thing I didn’t like about this book. In my opinion, this book should have been organized into chapters. I like the idea of using the character’s name as the chapter title. But this can also cause readers to have trouble remembering which part of the chapter they find interesting. If the author wants to keep using the name as the chapter title, I highly recommend adding a table of content and page numbers. Since I didn’t find any grammatical errors while reading, this book was exceptionally edited.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. because of the wonderful settings and character development, and the dialogue that feels natural and very alive. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy, and adventure novels.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”