Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lady Williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-williams.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Lady Williams »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Galen was excited. He was finally leaving his country and becoming a landlord in Voulhire. His new fortune was situated in the small, humble town of Magnum Caelum. There, he met Rowan, a mysterious man who was supposed to show him around. At Rowan's insistence, Galen joined him in search of quality iron for his hearth. What started as a simple journey to purchase iron turned into an adventure that would see them run for their lives and fight battles they never expected. Voulhire is a terrific place. It is a peaceful place where anyone can prosper if they have the right tools and knowledge. But it is also a dangerous place, with countless influential people and beings capable of destroying just about anything. Read We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies to see how evil these people or beings can be.

Matthew Tysz wrote, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. It belongs to the We are Voulhire series, and it is the first book in the series. This is important to note because it cannot be read as a standalone novel. So, if you decide to read it after reading my review, be ready to read the remaining eight books in the series.

After reading We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, I caught myself praising it. The whole book is fascinating. It started off calm, as expected, but progressively got better and more heated. More characters were introduced, and I quickly learned that it is not a book that tells just one story. Galen might have been one of the story's most tenacious and famous characters, but many others showed me they were also worthy of attention. Every character was different. They were unique, and their problems were very different from each other. Matthew Tysz readily traveled the length and breadth of Voulhire because these characters lived far away from each other and were probably oblivious to each other's existence. Despite telling several stories in one book, I never felt confused. Everything was well written. I will call that my most-liked thing about We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies.

I noticed no negative things in We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. It was written in simple language, and it is a short read. After making sure that We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies was interesting enough, Matthew Tysz went further and edited the whole book exceptionally well. Doing this made me award it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Of course, the fact that I did not dislike anything about it played the most prominent role in my decision.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is for readers that love fantasy series. I recommend it to you if that is your cup of tea and if you want a book that tells the story of different unlikely characters' escapades in a kingdom filled with good and evil.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”