Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
okotie esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okotie-esther.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by okotie esther »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is an interesting fantasy novel that is filled with mystery, magic and great suspense. This book narrates the past experiences and encounters of a young man named Galen Bray. Galen was born and brought up in the Lands of the Princes. The Lands of the Princes have been known to be ravaged by famine, hunger, poverty, and extreme chaos for twenty years. Galen is in dire need of greener pastures. Therefore, when he received an invitation to come over to a new town called Magnum Caelum, located in Voulhire, he gladly obliged. His late uncle had already made arrangements for his arrival. In this new land, Galen is to inherit and manage his late uncle's steel forge. 

On the other hand, the kingdom of Voulhire is a magical land filled with opportunities. However, Voulhire has also had its fair share of calamity and evil in the past. Currently, the people of Voulhire are troubled and living in fear because of the rumor of the resurgence of a powerful wicked mage called Lord Meldorath. It is a known fact that Lord Meldorath wrought havoc and great evil in the past while he was alive. How will the people of Voulhire overcome their fears? What will be the fate of Galen? Read this book to find out.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first instalment of the We are Voulhire series. It is filled with adventures and magic. There are some things I like about this book. An example of such is the beautiful and captivating way the plot was developed. I enjoyed it. It was gripping. I also enjoyed the character development. Each character was thoroughly developed with adequate details. I could easily picture each of the characters in my head while reading. I admire the early introduction of the map of Voulhire. This gave me a mental image of what the kingdom looks like. I would like to commend the author's style of writing. It was concise and straightforward. I could easily relate to it. The incorporation of a glossary in the later part of this book facilitated my understanding of some of the new words I encountered while reading.

This book was skillfully written with adequate details. Therefore, I would like to state that there is nothing I dislike about it. It was worth my time.

As a result of how exhilarating and fun this book was, I would gladly rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed reading every single page. Another reason for this rating is that I did not encounter any typographical or grammatical errors while reading it. The book was professionally edited.

I recommend this book to fans of magic and fantasy novels. I do not recommend this book to children because of the vulgar language and erotic content.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”