Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Judy Richards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-richards.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Bowling Ball Bombing by Kordel Lentine

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Judy Richards »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I am excited to talk about the book We Are Voulhire. It was a thoroughly thrilling book to read. The characters are easy to understand and get behind. The most important characters for me were Galen, the King, and Meldorath. Galen is a breeze of fresh air. His gallantry and heroism feature is beautiful to look at. Although he may not have been a part of the most violent scenes in the book, he is a character to keep your eyes on. The King is an interesting man. He seems to be rather submissive and waits for Midius the chancellor to act for him. Midius who holds a very high role second only to the king seems also not to respect him. The light banter between the King and Midius is funny yet unfathomable. Another interesting character would be Meldorath and as his name suggests is bringing his wrath down. This one man's name shakes the nation with fear.

There were many details about the book that made it intriguing. The mystery was an interesting facet of the book. There were still questions that were not answered but that only added to the anticipation of the series. Especially the relationship between Galen and the book given to him by his uncle. The personal stories of Galen's background were both heartbreaking and interesting. He came from difficult times yet was able to make that experience not break him, instead, he seemed a compassionate and humble individual. The fact that he went through a lot in his early years made you like him even more. He was able to overcome a lot. The author Matthew Tysz was able to create characters that were both lovable and those you love to hate. There was still some mystery shrouding The King and Meldorath and their relationship with each other. What exactly happened between those two? Also the building drama of what will happen next.

It's difficult to find something that I disliked in the book. I suppose it would be the gore and ruthlessness, but then again the terror it created only added to the marvel of the book.

The book gets a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Needless to say, I enjoyed reading it. The characters were conceivable, and the Voulhire world was described excellently. The book was expertly edited.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy, magic, and adventures. It is an appealing book to read. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”