Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christina tumy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-tumy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Christina tumy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, written by Matthew Tysz, follows: Galen Bray, the protagonist of the book, is first introduced. Galen is from the Land of the Princes. Death, conflict, and poverty abound in the Land of the Princes. The perpetual conflict between the four princes, who were the infamous Emperor of Lullabies' children, was the root cause of these Galen Bray learns that he had a blacksmith great-uncle who had recently passed away in the Kingdom of Voulhire and left him his possessions as an inheritance. Excitedly, Galen departs the Lands of the Princes and travels to Magnum Caelum, the Kingdom of Voulhire's city of In contrast to The Lands of the Princes, the Kingdom of Voulhire is extremely different. It is a location teeming with magic and wealth.

The world-building in this book was seemingly very thorough, which was one of its appealing qualities. No scenario ever struck me as being out of place. It appears as though every element of this planet was painstakingly and meticulously created, down to the very last detail. The plot is delicately woven with further knowledge, history, and world-building during the course of the novel. You feel as though you are going through the character's emotions and going through the experiences he describes because of how fascinating and fluid the writing is. I found this book's language to be its most appealing aspect. Galen, the protagonist, is one of the characters I admire the most because he is a good man who has been humbled by life. It is heartening to see someone who is so grateful for both the little and significant things in life.

There were many characters, and I had trouble remembering all of their names and backstories, which was one thing I did find a little bothersome. Other than that, it was a fantastic book that I enjoyed reading. Each character, situation, and line of dialogue are placed deliberately by the author. To help readers comprehend better, the author has created a map. The times when each character explained their surroundings were really helpful reference points for me.

I must congratulate the author for his creativity and writing style in this book. He maintained my interest throughout the entire book. I am rating this book, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, 5 out of 5 stars because it was well organized and easy to read. There were no grammatical errors or mistakes in it. Therefore, it was exceptionally well edited. 

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fantasy and magic books.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”