Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Walkernet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walkernet.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Walkernet »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mathew Tysz's book, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies, takes us to a different world called the world of Voulhire. It is a more advanced and knowledgeable world, but people with malicious intentions are greedy to land in power.

We begin with an attack on Castle Hillport, during which Lord Orlin gets arrested, and the magistrate takes over as the new Lord of Hillport, Lord Meldorath. He also gets charged with playing with people's lives three months later. Who will be the new lord of Hillport? As the story progresses, we are introduced to the princes' lands, where we first meet Galen Bray, the main character in the story. The Princes' lands are locked in civil war, and Galen Bray, a citizen of the Princes' lands, gets a chance to flee his war-torn home. Galen Bray heads to Voulhire, specifically Magnum Caelum, to find his uncle, who had a metal workshop. Galen Bray will inherit all his uncle's property. He falls in love and learns more about his new home. Grab a copy of this book to learn more about events, as there are questions concerning whether Lord Meldorah is dead or still alive.

One thing I thank Mathew Tysz for about this book is how he figured out and included the map of Voulhire at the start of the story. With the tale alternating and characters traveling to different places, the map was essential to help readers explore Voulhire and understand each place the characters were traveling to and the scenes taking place in the story. The elements of magic impressed me in the book. I admire Matthew Tysz's writing style; it was impeccable. The author used voulhirian terms and concepts and remembered to provide a glossary for them. I loved that it made the reader's work easier. Despite the story alternating, the author perfectly described scenes in each part.

As the story progresses, you learn that numerous characters are introduced. Readers who have yet to read the first book in this series will find it hard to relate to and understand many of the characters in the book. It is suitable for each book of this series to have a character list to acquaint readers with the numerous characters introduced in the story. It is the only minor flaw I noticed in the book.

I enjoyed reading this book. It was well written and exceptionally edited, with no grammatical, punctuation, or typographical errors; thus, I will give it 5 out of 5 stars. It is an exciting and great book to read.

I dedicate We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies to people who love series about kingdoms and those who love new fantasy series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”