Review of Nula

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Nula

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nula" by Frank J. Gratton.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ten-year-old Kevin rescued Billbet when his spacecraft crashed into Earth. At the time of Billbet's rescue, Kevin's mother had an accident and was injured. Billbet used his healing powers to miraculously heal Kevin's mom and other patients in the hospital. Billbet's dad gave Kevin the glow star to thank him for saving his son and helping him return to their planet. The glow star is a divine gift that can be used to create whatever the possessor can imagine, but only if they are pure of heart.

Kevin and his sister Theresa invented great technologies and earned money they didn't spend on luxuries. They decided to build a spacecraft called Arowon 1— the first of its kind. This step will bring them many challenges from Earth's leaders and the Alliance (a council of other planets). Find out in Frank J. Gratton's book titled Nula why Rescue 1 (Arowon 1) was challenging and what happened after the launch of Rescue 1.

The Alliance believes that the Earth is far behind in technology and won't be up to their standards. I was happy that Kevin, who was renamed Dauntless, was able to break that jinx. At the tender age of ten, he was able to manage a gift that was so powerful with the purest intentions and wasn't bothered by fame, riches, or luxuries. He is a character to learn from. I like how he loved his sister Theresa, renamed Nula, and how they both stood by each other selflessly despite everything they faced. They're my favorite characters, and I learned what being selfless can make one achieve.

There is no end to the human mind if properly explored; reading this book made me appreciate technology and opened my mind to what the world will look like in years to come if the world operates on the level of technology Kevin used in this book. The author's writing style had me hitched to the story right from the first page, and I enjoyed it till the very end. The book is action-packed, emotional, and educational. I felt the spark and love in Billbet's (Stone's) face when he named her Nula, which stands for the goddess of beauty. I like how she carried that name, and I loved how the author narrated how survivors from different planets came to thank her. I was hurt by the mishap at the mining site, which almost resulted in Nula's death. I felt Dauntless' and Stone's pain and feared that Dauntless would destroy the glow star.

There is nothing I dislike about the book. The story progressed at a sweet pace and was beautifully told. For a better insight into the words used, the author elucidated in detail every term used at the end of the book, even after he did that at the point of usage.

I would have said that the book was exceptionally well-edited, but I found a typo, which makes it professionally edited. I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because of how well it was written. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

I recommend this book to adults, young adults, parents, and technology students curious about what technology might look like in the future. Also, readers of sci-fi books will enjoy it.

Nula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

Taking up responsibility is an important part of life. I admire this about Kevin and Theresa. Even at a young age, Kevin could take up such a role. Age has never and will never be a reason for idleness.
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

This sounds like a book worth reading. The characteristics of the Kelvin and Nula are worth emulating.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I imagine how cool it would be if I can have that kind of power to solve problems with a special gift. I look forward to reading the story and know what happened to their spaceship and how the relationship between Billbet and Nula went. Wonderful review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

I would love to know what came after the spacecraft was built by Kevin and his sister. This sounds like an interesting science fiction that will keep one captivated.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

I just can’t imagine the kind of power in this book. I must say you structured your review well and it made it easy to understand
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I hope Kelvin and his sister Theresa will exploit the world through their new invention through the use of magic powers. Nice review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

It seems I'd definitely like Kevin's character as well. I look forward to reading more about the Arowon 1, as well as the planet where Bilibet came from. Interesting review.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I used to love futuristic tech fiction like this. I covet your opportunity to have gotten this book. I will like to read it too. Thanks for the recommendation.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I enjoy reading sci-fi books. And I’ll love to read this. If the story is about the two of them, why is the book titled just Nula? It will be great reading about what they created. Nice review!
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

I wonder how the ten-year old Kelvin saved Billbet. Isn't he too small for that. I suppose I will have to find out when I read this book. I do love the storyline of different worlds. This is the kind of story I would love to read, hence I'm adding it to my bookshelf.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Giovana Arévalo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giovana-ar-valo.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Giovana Arévalo »

I'm curious how the author portrayed a 10 years old with so much power and created a story of altruism and selflessness. Great review, thank you.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

This book is captivating. I love how these two siblings Kevin and his sister Theresa invented great technologies. I enjoyed their cooperation in the book. Good job.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

books on exterrestial life are always thrilling with lots of drama and this one didn't falter. i love to read this and see what story lies beyond this suspense
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

I like to read science fiction. I'll enjoy reading this, too. Why is the book called merely Nula if the story is about the two of them? It will be fascinating to read about what they came up with. good review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”