Review of George Hawkins Space Camper

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Review of George Hawkins Space Camper

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "George Hawkins Space Camper" by Lee Bissonnette.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Lee A. Bissonnette has developed the ideal book for everyone who has experienced a difficult summer camp with little to do that was enjoyable. In the book titled George Hawkins Space Camper a 13-year-old kid and his five friends experience thrilling experiences at a fantastic summer camp on Jupiter Station on Ganymede. At first, George is unaware that he is being transported to a space camp, but he quickly comes to understand that the aircraft transporting him to summer camp is a spaceship going for the stars, signaling the start of an exhilarating journey on a distant planet.

On his 13th birthday, George and his brother Frank set off for their summer camp. George was a bit nervous about everything, especially the fact that it was his first summer camp. At the space camp, George’s group of fellow campers is a collection of girls and boys, each with a talent. Whoever was eventually part of the Red J team shared their experience. They started training and discovered that each one of them had a superpower. They manage to get themselves into and out of adventures and scrapes with aliens and odd life forms, and they eventually become unlikely heroes, saving the station from a Zeleion invasion.

This is one of the best third-grade books about space campers I've ever read, and I particularly like George Hawkins' character because I think he's a very upbeat person who also always stands out among the group for his eagerness to learn. He is a team member who is always eager to learn new things. I believe this is one of the best characters ever created. The plot was also fantastic because it managed to coexist with the cadets at their summer camp.

This book was carefully edited, and the author wrote it so well that I found few or no errors while reading it. This book could draw readers into a world they might otherwise never explore. One thing I didn't like about this book was its fictional aspect, as a detail-oriented kid might get hung up on the fantasy aspect of going into space and some of the factual inaccuracies. It is worth noting that the author's style of writing, coupled with the intriguing storyline, makes it very easy for me to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars

I would recommend this book to many of my friends who are travelers and to anyone who enjoys reading about adventure and magical fantasy. This book is perfect for both kids and adults.  

George Hawkins Space Camper
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This type of novel is great to introduce kids to science fiction and space travel. Despite some inaccuracies, it can be useful to stimulate fantasy and also interest towards astronomy and space missions. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”