Review of The Blackest Blue

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lexi Parrish
Favorite Book: The Blackest Blue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lexi-parrish.html
Latest Review: The Blackest Blue by Luna Wright

Review of The Blackest Blue

Post by Lexi Parrish »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Blackest Blue" by Luna Wright.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The novel The Blackest Blue by Luna Wright is a sci-fi novel about a group of people who live in a settlement that we know to be called, Tholus IV. The story follows Sy, who struggles to understand her world, and the “goddess” who rules it, Rem. This goddess controls everything about their life. This society is presented as a utopian society but something is strange about it. Is the goddess Rem really all that benevolent and will Sy find answers?

I liked the concept and plot of this book. It had a lot of really diverse and fleshed-out characters. I spent the whole book wondering if Sy was going to find the answers she wanted and if Rem was a real person. This whole plot follows a conspiracy that Sy heard about as a child, and I was on the edge of my seat till the end. I will be on the lookout for the rest of the books in the series because many questions remain for me.

On the other hand, some people like books with clean endings and, no questions lingering after the ending. I did not find anything else negative in or about the book. This book is currently one of my favorites. There are some gory parts in the book, some readers may not enjoy that, but I thought it was a necessary part of the plot.

I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars because I loved the book. As I said earlier in the review, it is currently one of my favorite reads. The religious and ethical questions raised in the book were very thought-provoking. Once again, I find books that present a utopian-like society intriguing. Is the settlement really perfect, or is there something more sinister going on, is one of my favorite tropes. The plot was amazing, and the book was well-edited. I was constantly wondering what was going to happen next and if the character would make it.

I would say this book is for all readers if their reading level is high enough. It is a fantasy/ sci-fi book but it does raise ethical and religious questions so people who like those kinds of books may enjoy it as well. This book is high on my recommendation list. Some of the parts were gory also, if that is something you hate it would need to be read with discretion.

The Blackest Blue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”