Review of Planet Saviors

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Review of Planet Saviors

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Planet Saviors" by Raymond Hunter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Planet Saviors by Raymond Hunter is science fiction that portrays life on different planets. This book teaches us that a perfect world is a boring world. The imperfections of our environment, humans, and thoughts introduce variety, and as we know, variety is the spice of life. Perfection leads to boredom.

Stella is an arboreal aberrant from the planet Mund. Mund has gone through years of fine-tuning its world and has become so technologically advanced that it can be considered a perfect world. A few hundred thousand years ago, the inhabitants of Mund discovered everything there was to know about science. They visit different planets (as Alphie has done) and can get TV signals from other planets. However, like the order of things in the universe, when things reach their peaks, they start to plummet. The perfect and technologically advanced Mund seems to be heading south.

The genetic engineering wizards' ideal plans were a huge failure. Their planet needs DNA repair, and the authorities need all the help they can get. That is where Stella's idea comes in. She wants to go to Earth because she thinks that earthlings live like honorary aberrants. Stella says that even though her planet is perfect, it is an unemotional paradise. She thinks earthlings have more fun than they do. Earthlings have imaginations and creativity. She hopes she can get some people on Earth to come and teach them how to be happy, imaginative, and creative. But as an extraterrestrial, how will the Earth welcome her when she goes to Earth? How does she cope? Without so much of a detailed plan apart from her belief in "abundancia," will she succeed in her mission?

There are things that made me love this book. The first thing that attracted me to it was the cover. The spaceship and the lady winking show that this book will be a humorous adventure. Second, I love how well-developed the characters are. It was easy to connect with each character because of the details that were provided about their past and present. I loved the character of Miller, who was so cheerful and eager to help others. She is content with what she has. Third, I love the details with which this book was written. The way Stella analyzed her candidates is pristine. Because of her descriptions, I had different identifiers for different characters, like "fast processor John," "Walt the dam guy," "altruistic Pops," etc. Fourth, the author mentions a lot of celebrities in this book to liken some of the characters' looks and actions. The book also mentions "Star Wars," which made me ecstatic because I love the movie. Also, I love the details in which Stella answered John's questions about Mund. So many scenarios for a perfect world have been uncovered.

I love the liberty with which the characters' thoughts and actions go wild, like when John dreams of being a yeast cell and when Stella dreams of lunching with God. The same happens in real life. Sometimes dreams are out of the ordinary. Sometimes they don't make sense. Dreams are just dreams. Also, it was kind of funny to me when Stella told John to "... lay off the health food. It's poison. It's killing you. A chemical diet is the only way to go." (Page 118)

I noted some negative aspects of this book. First, there were many boring, long dialogues, which made discussions unnecessarily lengthy. Those scenes made me sleepy. Also, I found many errors while reading this book. I suggest that it go through another round of editing. Because of the boring parts of this book and the many errors I found, I will be rating it 4 out of 5 stars. Also, some things got me confused in the book. For example, I don't understand why Stella's eyes fall shut whenever a topic that doesn't interest her comes up. I wonder if it has anything to do with her being arboreal.

Planet Saviors has a lot of sexual descriptions. So, I wouldn't recommend it to younger readers or those sensitive to such content. On the other hand, if you love to read about what it could be like to have other planets inhabited by other beings, then you will have a good time reading this book. This book provokes thought about the universe, humanity, our lines of thought, religion, politics, cultures, history, economy, alternate worlds, etc.

Planet Saviors
View: on Bookshelves
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

If everything and everyone were to be perfect, things will be boring. It’s our imperfections, the ability to make mistakes and learn, that makes up the fun we are having.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Planet Saviors is a science fiction novel that portrays life on different planets. This book teaches us that a perfect world is a boring world. The imperfections of our environment, humans, and thoughts introduce variety, and as we know, variety is the spice of life. Perfection leads to boredom. Thanks for your review.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Now, this sounds like a fun book to be swept away in for a while. Imagine learning about other planets, their species, and how they compare to us and our planet. There are so many possibilities and my mind is racing!
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

I am truly impressed by the review of the book. The reviewer did an excellent job of summarizing the plot and highlighting the key points without giving away any major spoilers. Thoughtful analysis and insight into the characters and themes was also provided, which really helped to deepen my understanding of the book. Overall, the review was well-written, engaging, and definitely made me want to pick up Planet Saviors and give it a read. Great job!
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I must say that this book's cover is beautiful, as you have rightly stated. Just the cover alone is enough for me to pick it up. I love the idea of alternate universes. I wish we could find another planet where other humans exist. Just imagine if we could make interplanetary journeys to other planets just as we do inter-city and inter-country journeys. Imagine going for the Christmas holidays on Mars and chilling for the summer holidays in Jupiter! I think I'm over dreaming it! I would love to read Planet Saviors by Raymond Hunter soon.
Nike nikky
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nike-nikky.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nike nikky »

This is a very amazing review. I’ve always liked and looked forward to your reviews and this is not an exception. I enjoyed how you write I sequential order and how understanding the review is. I’m definitely reading this book soon. Congrats on your published review.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I absolutely loved reading your review of this book, Planet Saviors by Raymond Hunter. Your thoughts on the book's themes, characters, and overall plot were so well-expressed and thought-provoking. I can't wait to get the opportunity to read it myself. I'm confident it will be just as enjoyable and engaging as you described. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and providing such a well-written review. I'll definitely be looking out for more of your reviews in the future. Keep up the great work!
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A sci-fi book where the author narrates the story to show that a perfect world is a boring world. The story talks about how Stella from Mund, a perfect world, comes to Earth and tells its inhabitants that the perfect world is boring and Earth is better. I feel the author write this book to inspire people on Earth. The characters are well-developed and the book Is well-written. Nice review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Perfection is an illusion which I hadn't really considered could result in boredom. The idea of a perfect world in Mund and the concept of boredom makes me want to read this book to discover directly what must be wrong. Beautiful review.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I'm really intrigued by the plot of this book, and it sounds like exactly the kind of thing I love to read. The review was well-written and gave me a good sense of what to expect. I agree that the book's cover is beautiful and portrays a humourous story.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

I love the imaginative ability of the characters. They let their thoughts run freely, fantasizing about several scenarios. The level of action is also sufficient. Well done.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

I love this book so much although it doesn't worth a perfect 4 or 5. I think the book needs some editing. Kudos to your review.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

A sci-fi book where the author narrates the story to show that a perfect world is a boring world. The story talks about how Stella from Mund, a perfect world, comes to Earth and tells its inhabitants that the perfect world is boring and Earth is better. I feel the author write this book to inspire people on Earth. The characters are well-developed and the book Is well-written. Nice review.
syeda areeba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by syeda areeba »

This books seems really amazing. This has an interesting topic which connects people to different planets

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”