Review of Storm Front Over Atlantis

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abimbola Oladokun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abimbola-oladokun.html
Latest Review: Diabolus In Musica by Richard Rees

Review of Storm Front Over Atlantis

Post by Abimbola Oladokun »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Storm Front Over Atlantis" by E.W. Roberts.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Victoria 'Vic' Hardley had lived her mundane 17 years old life contentedly in her little hometown, but things get shaken up when the Olympian gods seek her out, hoping to know if her late mother's powers were passed onto her. Vic is oblivious to the power that lives inside her, and although she has powerful gods supporting her, the ones after her life are just as powerful. Vic's mother, Anastasia Hartley was one with powers that rivaled that of the gods, but Victoria's powers make that of her mother look small when she discovers that there's a high chance of her being the heir to Atlantis.

Vic is put through the wringer emotionally and physically because of this drastic change in her life and it leaves her wondering if she can cope with the burden on her shoulders, stay alive, and keep her loved ones safe. Vic didn't ask for her power, but it's here to stay, so she might as well roll with it in Storm Front Over Atlantis written by E.W. Roberts.

This fantasy novel takes the reader on a thrilling ride alongside the protagonist. Just as Vic was thrust into a magical and dangerous life, E.W Roberts takes the reader from 1 to 100 in the twinkle of an eye, drawing out every emotion possible from the characters and painting a beautiful picture with them. The relationships between the characters were very well established and I must say that Vic and Athena's relationship dynamic was one of my favorites.

I especially liked the character development of the protagonist. I mean, Vic went from a clueless 17-year-old with no knowledge of the supernatural, to a badass young adult who would sacrifice everything and anything to save her loved ones and do the right thing. She goes through a lot of struggles on her own whilst seemingly carrying the weight of the whole world on her shoulders.

The author realistically shows the rollercoaster emotions of a young adult who has too much on her plate. Even with all the gloom and doom, Roberts made room for a bit of humor here and there to lighten up the situation where it was needed. I would give this book nothing less than 5 out of 5 stars. Taking into consideration the professional editing carried out on this book, I feel like only the highest rating would do it justice.

I would recommend Storm Front Over Atlantis to young adults and teenagers that enjoy reading fantasy novels and appreciate a good book with some action in it.

Storm Front Over Atlantis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”