Review of Korian: Ark of the Fallen King

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jung soo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jung-soo.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Review of Korian: Ark of the Fallen King

Post by jung soo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Korian: Ark of the Fallen King" by Giorgio Garofalo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Evil and good seem to be in an endless fight, and Korian: Ark of the Fallen King just fuels that battle as we get to engage with certain characters, like Korian, Gred, Oren, and some other friends. They happen to have settled their people on a certain island, but a frequent light that appears in the night sky makes them feel uneasy, and that's when Korian steps out with a couple of his friends to take on the task of journeying to find out the cause of the sudden light in the sky and if it poses a threat to their stay on this particular island.

The book was perfectly done, with the author having placed so many characters in the book that helped in building the story to the level at which a reader is able to enjoy reading it. The exceptional editing of the book also adds to the enjoyment of the book. The book makes extensive use of dialogue, and we are able to relate to the characters even during some difficult situations, such as when they had to decide whether to leave one of them behind because he happens to lead them straight to the enemy or rather act as the enemy's spy.

I must say the book is gruesome since there is so much blood shed and the weapon being used in the book is mostly the sword. The author, Giorgio Garofalo, explains these scenes vividly, and they can be scary at points. The author, on the other hand, has unleashed an arsenal of grammar and made use of the best he could get in terms of vocabulary, which should be of importance to a reader interested in growing their English skills.

I generally liked the book, but I disliked certain aspects, like the use of swear words on several occasions. This disfigured the course of the book to some degree. The book being fictional, it comprises all kinds of drama, and a reader should brace for and expect anything queer in the book.

I give the book 4 out of 4 stars because it was exceptionally well-done and quite interactive due to the use of dialogue as a style. The book also gives readers wild imaginations and really creates a mental image for them, and I was able to enjoy that aspect of the book. I would recommend this fictional book to teenagers interested in fiction, as it squarely falls under their scope and doesn't have a lot of immoral scenes and provocations.

Korian: Ark of the Fallen King
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”