Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is book one in the We are Voulhire series written by Matthew Tysz.

Galen was born in the Lands of Princes, where there is the death of swords or slow salvation. Since birth, Galen has only seen war and death in this land, and when his uncle sends him a letter to become his heir to the Onita Steel business in Magnum Caelum, in the Voulhirian Kingdom under the government of King Wilhelm, Galen is happy to comply. But when Lord Eldus Alderman, a former judge who was appointed by the king in Magnum Caelum, starts receiving unusual stones from an unknown individual, what do these stones mean? And there is Galen, who notices a lot of rare stones on the mining site. Are these stones similar to those that Lord Eldus has been receiving? Who is this mysterious person sending the stones to Lord Eldus? Read this book to find out more.

Readers who are looking for captivating science fiction books should try to read this book. I will recommend this book to readers who are fond of books with aspects such as politics, magic, war, and business adventures. However, I don't recommend this book to minor audiences or readers who are sensitive to violent scenes such as killing numerous people.

What I liked most about this book was how Matthew laid out strong character development. Though the main protagonist isn't the center of attraction throughout the book, the author establishes a remarkable layout to strengthen the suspense in every scheme in the book. I also found the book easy to read because of the simple language the author used. I truly enjoyed reading the book, mostly because of the scenario of the dancing soldiers. This made me laugh as I imagined the dancing soldiers while reading this part of the book.

The negative aspect I found in the book was how poor the flow of the story was at the beginning of the book. But as I read further into the book, the twists and turns kept me glued to it. Another thing I didn’t like in the book was how Matthew introduced a lot of characters at the beginning, which was quite overwhelming.

Nonetheless, I rate We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies four out of four stars. This is because the book is exceptionally well edited, as I found no errors while reading it. Even though the story is quite boring at first, as it goes on, the action and twists keep me hooked.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”