Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stellah Chege
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellah-chege.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Stellah Chege »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is the first book of the 'We are Voulhire' series by Matthew Tysz. In this mystical novel, we are introduced to a world of action and magic. The theme of the supernatural is also very evident in the book. The author has used a variety of characters to bring to life an enticing and thoroughly researched book. This work of fiction is captivating and out of the ordinary. The plot flows, and one with an open mind will enjoy reading this book. This book acts as the introduction to the great story that will ensue. The author has tied together a variety of stories to bring out a beautiful masterpiece that requires one to give it a shot.

An ordinary night is suddenly interrupted by chaos and screams. A lot of trouble follows as the magistrate brings an accusation against Lord Orlin, Hillport's Lord. He is charged with undisclosed perversion. He later meets his fate in the hands of an angry mob who lynch him. Lord Meldorath takes over, but his reign is cut short three months later. He is arrested, made to walk the ramp, and disappears beyond the horizon. Does this mark the end of chaos? Will Lord Meldorath return? What kind of magic is involved? What connects Galen, who is later introduced to the prologue? Will his journey to find a better place away from the chaotic Land of Princes prove successful? Read this book to get into the tantalizing storyline that will take you on a wild and exciting journey.

There are many things to love about this book. From the plot, themes, and flow. The author has fashioned this book just as I like it. It starts with an exciting prologue filled with action, then the tension ceases, and we are introduced to a calmer scene. The book later picks up the intensity without delay and delivers one exciting twist after another. This masterpiece was quite an enthralling read. Even though the book is a bit tricky to get into, once one understands the storyline, it becomes quite easy to navigate through.

The only thing I did not like about this book is the many characters involved. It gave me a difficult time trying to understand who is who. The names are also quite strange to me. However, this may be simply a matter of personal preference. It does not warrant a point deduction from the book. The book remains a masterpiece because, eventually, one gets the hang of it.

I wholeheartedly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is fresh and extraordinary. The author has great delivery and has shown great prowess in storytelling. The is no lagging scene. it is fast-paced. The scenes are also well arranged to give the reader an action-packed reading experience. The book is also exceptionally edited. I did not find any errors.

I recommend this book to lovers of mystery stories. Those who enjoy that genre will greatly enjoy it. This book is most suitable for the adult audience due to the complexity of the story and the explicitly violent scenes.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”