The Weather Warden Series by Rachel Caine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shearsk
Favorite Author: Kay Hooper
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 11034">Out of the Shadows</a>
Currently Reading: A Deadly Web
Bookshelf Size: 227
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shearsk.html
Latest Review: "Blood Ties - The Bonds Are Permament" by Ashley Fontainne & Lillian Hansen
fav_author_id: 3327

The Weather Warden Series by Rachel Caine

Post by shearsk »

This is a 9 book series with a very interesting elemental twist. In this world, there are people who can literally work the elements around them: Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Air and water go together to make up the weather wardens and yes, they can control the weather. The other two are obviously Earth and Fire wardens and collectively these people are all over the world, working in the background to make sure Mother Nature doesn't destroy all of mankind in her sleep. That in itself could make for an interesting plot, but then Rachel Caine throws in the Djinn. These creatures are kind of like a genie in a bottle but with a whole different set of rules, and if a warden gets one, it magnifies their powers immensely.
The series follows a weather warden named Joanne Baldwin, who often finds herself at the pinnacle of these major world changing events and in the party with some of the most powerful beings on earth, but that doesn't stop her from having fabulous fashion sense, a lover of the most intense kind, and a great sense of humor.
I think this was an excellent series and I was sorry to see it end. The characters were funny and complex and the plots as you follow the heroine just kept getting more exciting with each book to come out.
If anyone has read these books and knows of some similar ones, I sure would like to find more like these!
Latest Review: "Blood Ties - The Bonds Are Permament" by Ashley Fontainne & Lillian Hansen
MTReader91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtreader91.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by MTReader91 »

I have read the first eight books and I love this series.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

This sounds like a great series. I will definitely have to check it out.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”