Review of Endeavor’s Run

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Malgorzata Ludwiczak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malgorzata-ludwiczak.html
Latest Review: Endeavor’s Run by Tobin Marks

Review of Endeavor’s Run

Post by Malgorzata Ludwiczak »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Endeavor’s Run" by Tobin Marks.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Endeavor’s Run by Tobin Marks, aka the first book in the Hope Prophecy series, is an interesting mix of sci-fi and fantasy. Every reader can find something just for them, from magic or dragons to spaceships. This book explains quite a possible story about the future of our civilization. People from Earth barely survived because of their own actions, so imagine their shock when they get a message from what might be another human colony. This news is huge; it obviously requires sending a crew to investigate. But what if they don’t come back? That’s where the Endeavor has its’ run.

Tobin Marks’ story is a little bit complicated but most definitely gripping. So many characters and their own stories happening at the same time are the elements forming a single whole. They are written well enough that you can bond with them. I think my favorite character was Alex, and I felt deeply connected to him at some points. He is also an example of a very good friend. The humor in this book most definitely deserves a plus. I enjoyed reading the dialogues, especially between the captain of Endeavor and the rest of the crew. Even though it’s a sci-fi book and there were a lot of scientific terms, they were explained in a clear and accessible way, so I had no problem with that - another good quality of this book.

If I had to find something that could use a little fixing, it would be that at the very beginning, the constant changes of location and points of view were a little confusing, but the more I read, the better I understood everything that was going on. It might discourage some of the readers, though.

Except for that, I have nothing to complain about, so I’m rating this book 4 out of 4 stars with pleasure. It’s a well-written story, keeping you on the edge. It had me worried to the end about what was going to happen to the crew members along their journey. It allows the reader to stay interested and doesn’t get bored along the way.

I’d recommend this book to every sci-fi and fantasy lover but also to people who have never read such a combo and want to try it. Because of the used language, I think young adults and older adults are the best audiences for this story. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series and find out what happens next.

Endeavor’s Run
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”