Review of The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Omollo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-omollo.html
Latest Review: Lovingly and Orderly: A Son's Lament by Theodore Shorter Jr
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 160%

Review of The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse

Post by Jane Omollo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse" by Tim Ferguson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." This famous quote by Arthur C. Clarke kept ringing in my mind as I read this book. Imagine just sitting in a lab and receiving messages from a different universe. Well, for Nayla and Jared, this wasn't just imagination. While working in their astronomical observatory, they receive coded messages that they'll later discover were sent from a different universe. In his book, The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse, Tim Ferguson explores the multiverse's human, spiritual and social aspects.

Tim Ferguson advances a theory, Cosmology Theory, that explores the possibility that during the Biblical creation process, after the creation of Heaven and Earth, the Spirit of God created two parallel universes and divided the existing one into two. In this case, the two universes would be the Earth and Caperston. Similar unfortunate events happen in both universes that would drastically change the lives of their inhabitants. The Earth faces a deadly war that destroys its vast parts, killing most of its occupants. In the Caperston land, an irresponsible, crude, and defiant leader starts a fire to tame religion but destroys an otherwise firm and stable kingdom. The recovery from these two events gives rise to leaders in both worlds. Kudo, whose brother dies in the war, takes charge of his village and goes on missions to find other survivors of the war in a quest for unity. In Caperston, Matt Paul I retains his legendary status years after death. Leaders arise to lead the religious people of Caperston, but most end up dead. The hostile leadership in Caperston, led by Zester and his son, Zero, kills a host of leaders in the land. Chihaysu, Jamis, MattPaul II, and Sav -ed are some leaders who suffer these unfortunate fates. Leaders and people from these two worlds find a way to communicate, with the help of Gaby, an angel of God. They work to foster unity, togetherness, and forgiveness among their citizens.

I have to applaud the author's imagination and creativity. He builds these stories, the infrastructure, the characters, and the events of these parallel universes quite expertly. Tim knew what he wanted to put out there and delivered it perfectly. The way he described the sceneries and events, for instance, for both tragedies, was commendable. The detail included was impressive and added some authenticity to the stories. The cries for help, the evil in the perpetrator's eyes, and the determination in the eyes of the reformists didn't seem made up. The descriptions were also quite vivid. The occasional images in the book also went a long way in making the book more relatable and enjoyable.

Tim also did a great job building the characters. They all believed in courses that explained most of their actions. Even the evil ones, the author made sure we knew the history behind the kind of behaviors they exhibited. This is true, for instance, for King Marcius's grandsons, who held on to the belief of many gods as a kind of honor for their grandfather. This didn't get me off-guard as the author had laid up good history beforehand. I have to pick Kudo as my favorite character. He was stoic, caring, protective, and strong. However, none of these traits matched his extraordinary leadership skills, which his son later seemed to have taken after.

I loved this book for most of its message. The author used the citizens' experiences of these two worlds to convey the vital messages of love and forgiveness. The Bible quotes in the book were also profound and added authenticity to the stories. The book's length was also perfect. The author put all this information in just over two hundred pages. Yet, it was good enough to pass the message without being tedious or unnecessarily lengthy.

The only thing I disliked about the book is that almost every time I got attached to a character, the author found a way to eliminate them. I wouldn't want to dwell so much on this point and end up giving spoilers, but I believe it explains itself. I, however, think that was necessary for plot advancement and will, therefore, not consider it in the rating. The book was edited professionally, as I only noticed a few minor errors. I give The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse a rating of four out of four stars and recommend it to lovers of Christian fiction.

The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”