Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucy_D_Licious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-d-licious.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Lucy_D_Licious »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is one of the most engaging short novels I've ever read. Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is full of excellent art and prose. Zarqnon the Embarrassed came up with an imaginative theory for how the universe came into being and the narrative that went with it. One of the members of the committee in charge of creating things is Theodil, who also happens to be the book's main character.

Theodil rolled a die in front of the committee on this particular day. Theodil was able to make something out of this, which he called Zots, and it had the appearance of a dot. Theodil continued by transforming the Zots into what appeared to be noodles. He gave it the name Xoodles. Theodil was able to create Xoodles and then change them into substances like time, light, and other components that helped the universe form.

Theodil performed all of this while being observed by an audience who criticized and voiced their doubts, making it quite evident that they did not have faith in what he was doing. Nevertheless, he did not lose sight of his objective, which was to form a universe.

I would like to express my love for the works of art portrayed in this book. It's indeed creative. I found all the illustrations to be unique and lovely. Now I believe when people say that a picture is worth more than a thousand words, which means a picture is quick in passing information and has more in-depth interpretation than words could. Looking at the illustrations in this book brought me into the author's imagination, which makes me think the way the author thinks while writing this book.

Another thing I found impressive about this book is how short and informative it's. The book has 97 pages but contains knowledge that is worth hundreds of pages. I also learned a lot from this book. One of them is the main character, Theodil. I loved the way Theodil stayed focused despite the criticism from the audience, who expressed their doubts about his creation. What I learned from this is that when everyone is doing something great, people will always talk. It's now up to you to stay focused on your goals and prove them wrong, just like how Theodil proved the audience wrong.

For the record, I would like to note that I have a little difficulty processing some terms used in the book, but after a little research, I could get along. This is my only issue with the book. This book is free of any type of error, such as grammatical or typographical errors, and it is well structured and properly written, indicating that it has excellent editing.

I would like to recommend this thought-provoking book to readers of science fiction books who would love to see another creative perspective on how the universe came to be. For the wonderful illustrations that were included in this book, the unique concept behind it, and being free from errors, I am pleased to rate Of Zots and Xoodles, authored by Zarqnon the Embarrassed, 4 out of 4 stars.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”